Reflective Posts

New instructions written on whiteboard during morning Homeroom

I have experimented with giving the students time in Homeroom each morning to comment on someone else’s post. They are beginning to do this and hopefully they begin to do it in time without having to be prompted. I am finding that what they are commenting is of good quality and is resonating a clear purpose to the author of the post.

I have also begun to get students to blog about some of the activities we are doing in class. After a maths task last week I instructed students to write a post about it and then comment on someone else’s post. The task that the students undertook was a challenging group activity. The task was then modified and they had to compare the differences along with discussing the different maths concepts involved in the activity. It was interesting to see their insights into the mathematical concepts explored in their posts.

I have noticed that some students are remembering to categorise their posts, but most are not. I have decided to leave this feature of the blogging out of focus at this stage as after posting lots categorising will have a clearer sense of purpose to them.

Me leaving posts with expectations for them to comment during the week has not been working. This could be for a number of reasons; they are not actually looking at the Homeroom site, so perhaps they need more of a reason to visit it, there is too much focus on them commenting on other students’ posts or perhaps they are not engaged in the content that I am posting on the Homeroom site.

I am thinking that I am going to try posting a few riddles or open challenges on the class page so that they become more engaged in the site and begin to comment more.

What are your thoughts on this?

369 Responses

Page 8 of 8
  1. 안전놀이터 May 1, 2021 at 2:21 pm |

The information you provide is objective and correct. I have gained a lot of knowledge from your blog and I am spending a lot of time. Browsing your blog is very enjoyable. 안전놀이터

2. 토토사이트 May 4, 2021 at 7:16 am |

First of all, thank you for your post. Your posts are neatly organized with the information I want, so there are plenty of resources to reference. I bookmark this site and will find your posts frequently in the future. Thanks again ^^ 토토사이트

3. hasnain May 5, 2021 at 7:05 am |

Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. Aufstellbecken

4. AMO May 6, 2021 at 3:04 pm |

AMO is an award winning home loans specialist Call Us: 1300 266 266
    Home Loans Specialist

5. javprocc May 11, 2021 at 9:39 am |

JAVPRO – Jav Free, Jav Streaming, Jav Uncensored, Jav Censored, Jav Online. All clips JAVPRO was collecting from other websites sources, we wont able to copyright any countries. JAVPRO.CC will updates all for new videos..

Website: https://javpro.cc

Key: #jav , #javpro, #javpro.cc, #javhd, #javhdstreaming

6. แทงบอลออนไลน์ May 11, 2021 at 12:31 pm |

“You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers.

แทงบอลออนไลน์

7. Brownie Scott May 14, 2021 at 7:02 am |

Excellent thread, I have to thank you for this. It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge. I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my website as well and let me know what you think. supply chain assignment

8. Hannah Kuijpers May 18, 2021 at 1:58 pm |

Thanks for sharing this very good post. Very inspiring! (as always, btw)

Omsnoeringsmachines