Introduction to Blogging PD with Sue Waters

Blogging PD Notes

This was a half day professional development session with Sue Waters. The driving questions for the beginning of the session were; why should we get our students to blog?

These thought provoking questions were a great way for my learning team and I to begin our journey into blogging as it instantly gave purpose to what we were doing and why we are doing it. Upon reflection, I see a huge value in blogging. I see blogging as having many purposes that will enhance what we do at school. I intend to encourage my students to use their blogs to share / reflect / give feedback / assess / discuss / question theirs and others learning.

Sue taught us a range of useful skills to help get us started with our blogs. I have attached the notes that I took on the day of this session. She gave us a blog link to research how a teacher has set up blogging with their students.
Blogging Bootcamp site (Mr Miller):

This was ideal for narrowing my focus to how I was going to introduce it with my own students. I decided to begin by starting reasonably slow and have more of a structured approach to introducing it in a sequence of lessons beginning with discussing ‘commenting’ and doing it first in an off-line environment; in the classroom on paper.

I am looking forward to beginning blogging with my students yet am a little worried about all of the technical ‘coding’ and ’embedding’ that goes with it. I know I will learn it soon enough though … and am fairly sure that the students will teach me and thing or two as soon as we get started!

What are your initial thoughts about blogging with your students? How have you gone about introducing it with your students?

460 Responses

Page 10 of 10
  1. mahnoor faizan July 23, 2021 at 6:24 pm |

Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. shipping sperm internationally

2. Anonymous July 25, 2021 at 10:58 am |

How is it that simply anybody can write a website and acquire as widespread as this? Its not like youve said something incredibly spectacular ?
    more like youve painted a reasonably picture over a difficulty that you simply recognize nothing concerning I don’t want to sound mean, here.
    but do you really suppose that you can escape with adding some pretty pictures and not really say anything?부산오피Wohh exactly what I was searching for, appreciate it for posting.

3. jackson seo July 25, 2021 at 10:58 am |

Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. Lina Carrero Bastos: The Craziest Housemate