May 2

rube Goldberg challenge

session 1

in design the teachers put use in groups of three, I had Lily and Lachie,

our task was to make a Rube Goldberg challenge that makes a piece of paper fall into the bin. my group used a toy car, dominos, Golf ball, piece of paper dominos box and a card bored slide. this was a challenging yet exciting challenge.

this is the photo of the rube Goldberg

we all worked really hard trying to do the rube Goldberg challenge work. We had several fails and we kept on trying until the rube Goldberg challenge was successful.out of all we had 4 fails and 2 success after all the paper was able to role into the bin.

this is my video.

what happened?

the cardboard was standing up on the dominoes case, We put the toy car on top of the cardboard slide and the car would slide down the cardboard, hit the golf ball then the Golf ball would hit the dominoes all the dominoes would hit each other, Then the last domino would hit the paper ball then the paper would go through the chair hole into the bin.

session 2

in that a task we had to pick out of poster, PowerPoint.I picked a power point.on that power point we had to have question of Rube Goldberg and we have to answer those questions.

this my power point

Rube Goldberg Power Point-2ba6ggp

session 3

After all of that the teachers put us in new groups, in my group I had Joshua, Liv, Lili and me. all of the other groups had groups of three but my group was a group of four.

we didn’t know what we should have the task as so we mad it to…

our task was to POP A BALLOON

session 4

but before we did that we made a design of what we think its going to look like then we drew it in our design book.

this is my design.

and this is my writing design.

session 5

we had a clear pipe and used some string to make a loop stay still. then we made the balloon stay in a small cardboard box.

we had a little test and we put a pin next to the balloon  in side of the pipe then we push the marble down the  tube and the balloon popped it was a success on the fourth time

this is the video

this is the movie maker a person in my group made.

SESSION 6

in session three this is what I did.

we found a place to put everything so we put it there then we got some cardboard and we made the pullie and we finished making some of it.

we had a lot of fails again.

but we kept on trying to make it work

session 7

today was a cool day

we tried to start the making the rube Goldberg challenge all together join separate part and join them

we joined the pullie, tube/pin, ramp, seesaw all together and we put it in a special spot were everything will fit,

and this is what we made

we had a lot of fails again. But we stilled tried to make the work .

this is a photo of the start

why did you use 5 marbles?

we used 5 marbles so the marbles will slide down the ramp and fall into the pullie that we made.

what happens after the pullie goes up? 

there will be a seesaw and the car stays on the seesaw, After the pullie goes up  the seesaw would go down because the car is heavy then the car would hit the marble then the marble would slide down the tube then we will put a pin in the bottom next to the pin would be the balloon, then the marble would have enough momentum to hit the pin then the pin will balloon then the balloon will pop

this is the photo of all we  did

session 8

IT WORKED

It finally worked.

we found out what the problem was, the problem was that the tube didn’t have enough momentum for the marble to hit the pin. so we changed the tube so the tube would be smaller and the balloon would be bigger.

as you can see in the photo that the tube is much smaller than before. once my group changed the tube we made it work.

so the problem was the tube.

Posted May 2, 2017 by Ayat Aker in category Uncategorized