In year 5 we started a new project called rollercoasters we did a design in our books.We will be learning to make a rollercoaster out of pipes and other materials.
This is my design that I made.
So far we have done our illustration in our design book we drew a rollercoaster.It had to have a loop in our rollercoaster and also a steep drop-hill that needs to be able to go around the rollercoaster without any issues. it needs to successfully go up down and around so that there are no injuries so it can reach the end.
My group started to make the start of the rollercoaster. we will make most of our rollercoaster out of pipes But my group hasn’t used any pipes yet but we have used some knetix this is what my group have done so far.
We changed the roller coaster so know it looks likes this
My group has changed most of the start of the rollercoaster. Because it didn’t work when we tried to do it.
My group has changed it so know it looks like this
This is my old roller coaster
This is my new rollercoaster
In session 4 I didn’t finish doing my blog so I didn’t get to finish doing my rollercoaster but instead I was finishing my blog.
I was working on my blog and I was changing my design because my group made the rollercoaster and it looks different to the rollercoaster and now It looks a bit different.
This is what my new design looks like.
My group went back to working on our rollercoaster and we used knex and clear and black long pipes and tape. My group tried over and over until we got an area to finally work. we changed the knex from what it used to look like now it has different colours and it we made it go high.
This is what it now looks like.
After making the design and the start of the rollercoaster we were planning to make the loop and how were going to make it and all the stuff going to use.
This was what my rollercoaster used to look like
This is what my rollercoaster looks like now
this is my video of my rollercoaster.
that is what my group has done so far
in session 8 my group took away the small clear pipe and added a longer and a bigger clear pipe.
this is our new pipe that were using
we bended it to a big loop.
this was what it used to look like
this is what it know looks like
the rollercoaster has to have enough moment so the marble can go up and around the loop.
when we stuck the loop to the rollercoaster we wanted to see if it would work.
when we tried it, the first time it didn’t work and were still trying to make the loop work.
my group has to make the rollercoaster go to the back to the start or close to the start.
my group still hasn’t made the loop work its really hard because theirs not enough speed so the marble can go all the way around
this is our last session on doing our rollercoasters
after all those sessions this is what my group has done.
doing this project was fun, exciting and awesome. I loved working on this project because it made me closer to my friends in my group and it was really fun.
I hope we do another project like this.