SOS Film

250px-crocodylus_mindorensis_by_gregg_yan_01The film that we had to create this term was about choosing a animal from the Melbourne zoos SOS 10 endangered animals. There was a verity of 10 animals and we had to chose 1 of the animals to make a conciliation film about. The animal that I chose was the Philippian crocodile.

Why I chose this animal?

The reason I picked this animal was because most people were doing the orangutan, fur seal and gorilla so I decided to try something different and do a animal I was not familiar with. I  have learnt a lot about this animal and happy I took the challenge to make a film about a animal I didn’t know much about.

excursion:

on a Monday our year went on a trip to the Melbourne zoo to get some footage and learn more about our animal. This was part of the reason I chose the crocodile. it was not to helpful because our group lost our cameras.

Editing stages:

Most of the editing I changed and fixed was from the feedback I got at the first draft sharing stage. The most challenging thing I went through was finding out how to use the greens screen. Some feedback told me to add music and some other feedback told me to not add music so I stuck with no music witch I think was the better option.

The problems:

The main problem for me was how on the excursion our group lost the bag of cameras with our very important footage. That meant that I had to redo our voice overs at school and use different footage that was not as good as ours (no offence). but beside that we had no other big problems like that.

My feedback I got:

You spoke well in your voice overs – Sam

I liked the voice overs and the footage that you used – HARRO

You have really good footage and the passion in your voice is great. You made me care about the animal-Emma

good voice over clear message great footage and facts – Jesse

love the green screen and music.-Alex

it made me care😭😭😭😭😭😭– Olly

goofy facts, it made me sad to know that this animal is endangered

Your voice overs were really clear and your film was nice without music I liked the footage you used. – Nick

You had some really good facts and your voice over was really powerful – Jack

It was very good film. Just what happened to the green screen.-Jacob

I really liked the film how it was short, but really descriptive and would make anybody who watches your film really care about that animal. I also really liked how yoy added the ACT WILD thing and told your audience that they can help by doing that – Astrid

Tom- I liked the footage and the message is strong.

very good voice overs. spencer

I love everything about it and it was great-jack

My finished film: