Learning Post- Term 4 Week 4B

Hello readers,

This week I will be doing my weekly ”Learning Post”.

Writing- Today in writing, two groups had a conference. Unfortunately it wasn’t my group; so I just worked on a seed, but then I couldn’t think of an idea so I was very stuck for a while. I asked Mr W [Jr.] to help me think of an idea and he said I just needed to look back at my ¬†other seeds and then I would get an idea. Sure enough I went past one of my pieces called ”Sun” an I decided to do a piece about Space, because the sun has a link to space. Now when I am stuck for ideas I will definitely know what to do, look through all my old pieces, then I will have an idea.

Inquiry- This week our first draft for our zoo film was due on Tuesday. I remembered to do mine so I was proud of myself and what I had actually achieved. In first period we got into a massive group and the teachers discussed our task. We had to get our film up and then with the piece of paper they handed us we had to write our name on it and then go around giving feedback on that persons paper, and tick certain boxes that the film included. I accidentally put the wrong film in, it was pretty much the same it just didn’t have the music, and it was funny because the only bad feedback I got was add music. When we got to go back and edit our films and improve with the feedback, I got my other film and then made it perfect. When it was perfect we were aloud to put it into the final draft for our teachers to go over on, on Friday. I rendered my final copy and put it into the K-Drive ready for my teacher to access.

Maths- Lately in maths we have been working on Algebra, at first I found it very, very difficult but I asked my dad to help me get better at it. But this week we did this harder thing in Algebra with two mystery numbers, which I have also found slightly confusing, but slowly managing to figure out. I want to completely know how to do it, so… I am going to do some more with my genius dad.

Thanks readers.

3 thoughts on “Learning Post- Term 4 Week 4B

1. Great post Camilla, I really liked how you told us how you found ideas for writing.

2. That idea that Mr. W gave you is great! I get writers block so that tip will help me a lot too! The detail you used for your post was really good.