kidding. Stop stressing Mrs. Stafford. I’m not going to write a bog post that short. Here are the Most important things that you need to know about zoom cameras (really in no order):
- Its mic. ITS AMAZING! This cameras microphone is awesome. Have a look at the camera. That big bit up the top is the microphone. This is why it’s cool. Look really hard at the microphone. See those curvy things that look like those curvy rubbers crossing over each other. They are the microphones they are curved because they are crossing over. They are crossing over so that the can get all of the sound so that, unlike the shot gun, it records everything in a certain range. In other words, ITS SO AWESOME!!!
- You can adjust how loud your recording is. The arrow points to where the volume is. The one you want for regular filming is from five to eight. Do that so your volume doesn’t sound like this or this . we just want this .
- It is so light. that’s good for directors and producers when they need to move their equipment quick. (looking at you Steven Spielberg)
- The windsock. Don’t get me started on the windsock. Actually do, because that’s why I’m writing this blog post. So the windsock is a little foam cover that slides perfectly over the microphone (couldn’t be easier). It is on earth because it blocks out that excess noise that the wind makes. Truly it is amazing. No presenting Mr. Henderson with his story about the windsock. “thanks Taco. So what happened the other day was I was filming something right under the fan and when I played it back I heard all that excess noise that the fan made. So I put on the windsock. No noise. back to you Taco.” Wow. See what I mean. The windsock really works.
- This is very important but hard to understand so . The zoom has no zoom when it is recording. But that is a good thing because zooming makes your film look try moving your camera before you start recording.