shot list and story boards

Let the video do the talking. So (as the video said) we learned a lot. Let me tell you. First Mrs. Stafford broke the plain truth to us that 25% of film making is editing 60% is planning (thinking, thinking while eating, shot listing, thinking while sleeping.) and only 15% is filming. Wow. It’s true. I have it in writing. so we now know what we are into this year. A lot of planning, thinking, shot listing, thinking. Right now you are probably thinking “Taco. TELL US WHAT A SHOTLIST IS.” Alright, alright. Here you go.

A shot list is like a story board. Here is a blank one. over at your left is where you would wright what scene it is that your working on. (it may be longer depending to your film) then second on your right is where you right the description (or the story line). So what is happening in the scene. Then to the right of that is where you right what shot there is. (E.g. MS, LS, CU, ECU etc.) on the far left is where you right the dialogue or the Audio. Or VO (voice over), PTC (piece to camera) and text. I’m going to tell you know that this is no little thing that the teachers have made up for us. This is what the use in Neighbors!!!!! “OMG” I hear you say. I know right. I would like to point out that the producers of this blog post (me) made a mistake in the making of this blog post. Mistake: I tried to write a shot list of this blog post as a joke. Lesson learned: shot list are no jokes. Thanks for reading J

4 comments

1. Mrs Stafford · February 17, 2017 at 8:30 am ·

This is fantastic Takoda. I really like your detailed explanation using a video blog and an image.
    In future, please remember to use paragraphs to separate your chunks of text. 🙂

• Takoda · February 17, 2017 at 12:48 pm ·

thanks and ok.

2. Zara · February 17, 2017 at 1:20 pm ·

Well done on the video. It related to the post.

• Takoda · February 17, 2017 at 1:20 pm ·

#yay!!