Passion Project – Pokémon Go Production

Hi Everyone,

Did you like the alliteration in the title? Speaking of the title, I think you know what my post is about this time, the production stage of my passion Project. I will be sharing with you all the success and challenges and basically everything about what it was like and what me and my group did.

I think the most fun part was probably just getting into character and into our costumes and practicing the shots because I liked getting dressed up with my friends and playing around, trying to find the best place to film the shot. that was also probably the easiest part. We had quite a few successes like the camera getting good enough footage and actually being able to use the best locations for each part in the film.

Even with these successes, there were also some challenges that slowed down the process but we did eventually overcome them. One of these was because our film is about Pokémon Go, obviously we needed some Pokémon and Poke balls. Mikayla my partner got a Charmander Onesie and I had ordered a Pikachu one. It was supposed to come within 1-4 days. Two weeks later, we still didn’t have the Onesie. It ended up that the shop had run out of Pikachu Onesies and hadn’t told us. Talk about bad customer service! It was way past the time we had needed it – the filming day – and there was no need for it anymore. When we were filming, we had to improvise with what we had and basically cut out the whole part with Pikachu in it. It was disappointing but in the end, we got past it. With the Poke Balls, it was really hard to come up with a way of making a poke ball that, since our film is supposed to be humorous, would just break when I threw it at Mikayla. We ended up using a Kinetic sand one because I was going to throw out it out anyway so if we used a little bit, it wouldn’t really matter. Another problem we had to overcome was finding the time on the weekends to film, plan and now to edit together. so far, we have had three get togethers – one sleepover and two plays to plan and film. We are both really busy so it was hard to find the time and still is because we are both quite busy on the weekends. Mikayla and I got over that challenge by planning ahead to insure that the weekend was free and persuading our parents to let us see each other that often.

Overall It was really fun and I learned how to persist when you come across challenges and to always plan ahead in case something goes wrong.

 

 

Passion Project Production

Hi Everyone,

 

I have finally reached the production stage of my passion project! I have planned and brainstormed up to this point to actually create my passion project. I have 4 paintings which i have pinned to my pin board with white paper underneath them so that i can write anatations about each painting next to it and tips on how to do a good watercolour painting. I have based them on the beach, the great ocean road, flowers and the Sydney harbour bridge.

The hardest part was finding the inspiration for the painting and actually painting it. It was hard because i couldn’t think of any topics that were not easy or hard to paint and that looked good. Painting it was hard because i had to try and get the right colours and perspective for the certain types of scenery and get the proportions right so everything looked realistic.

I overcame the challenges by thinking of paintings i have done before and using that as a starting point to create one using the same idea but differently.

Some good things went my way though! I got the perfect colour for the water in the beach scene and a good gradient in the great ocean road scene. I loved the way i got a great colour gradient between blue and yellow for a sunset.

Overall it was fun, challenging and educational. Look out for my next post about getting Feedback on my Passion Project!