Term Three Goals

Ah. It’s nice to be back at school with my fellow classmates and friends, but here comes a reading blog, which comes in the inevitable package that is school. Even so, I love learning new things, even if it tires me out. Here are some goals I want to achieve in Term 3.

Q1 What reading genres do you want to read?

A1 – I want to read some free-verse poems. I feel like it would help my writing by reading popular ones. It would be good to find great topics for my audience, not just diary entries that I’ve done. It could steer me away from writing depressing things. I hope so, but it’s easy to write that way, I guess. I hope I can write something that connects with people on a way personal level, without saying sad things. Maybe love or miracles? I dunno. If you have any ideas on personal topics and can comment them, please do! Thanks 🙂

Q2 – What reading routine will you follow this term?

A2 – I will try to read more. I already read quite often. About twice a week scheduled. Whether it’s a magazine, series of small stories or a novel. I think I will try to read 3 times a week, it will give me a new vocabulary of words. I need a new metaphor ideas. I want to make a slam poem like the one called: “To This Day” by Shane Koyczan (amazing poet). Search it up on YouTube it has an extremely emotional and beautiful clip too. I cried. Who am I kidding? I cried my eyes out at this spoken word poem. I want to influence people. My favourite lines from that poem are (BASICALLY EVERYTHING.):

1. “To this day he is a stick of TNT lit from both ends, could describe in detail the way the sky bends and the moment it’s about to fall.”
  2. “He was three when he became a mixed drink of one part left alone and two parts tragedy.”
  3. “Started therapy in 8th grade. Had a personality made up of tests and pills. Lived like the uphills were mountains and the downhills were cliffs, four-fifths suicidal, a tidal wave of anti-depressants.”
  4. “One part because of the pills, nine parts because of the cruelty.”
  5. “Juggling depression and loneliness, playing solitaire, spin the bottle; trying to kiss the wounded parts of ourselves and heal.”

Q3 – Other reading goals?

A3 – Read a 70+ page non-fiction book about something… human body, cars, music, aviation or something or other. I usually do read non-fiction, because it’s not fiction (although I do love my fiction!) and you get something out of it for studies/school. I guess I just do it to kill time and to learn. I get curious sometimes and when I do it gets a little crazy. Even if I have nothing to do with the subject of matter… They say that reading fiction helps sympathy but I’m already a cry-baby when it comes to touchy subjects.

Word Study – Dork Diaries: Holiday Heartbreak

Remotely (adverb) – 

1. To be far away, at a distance, without physical contact. “His house was remotely placed in the countryside, he had nobody left to see anyway.”
  2. In the slightest degree. “Marie never felt remotely happy in her last year of highschool.”

Bizarre –

1. Strange or weird. “Katie was bizarre. She liked spicy things.”

Ditch –

1. To leave something/someone. “Catrina was ditched for soccer but she liked tennis better.”
  2. A deep hole/trench. “Catrina fell in a ditch and broke her leg.”

2 thoughts on “Term Three Goals

1. Hi Joy
    I really enjoyed reading your blog. It’s great to read non-fiction and learn lots of interesting facts about topics that interest you. Good luck with your goals
    Thanks Jasi