I swear I was born in the wrong era

My ideas were very fluent, I had a clear image of what I wanted to do but I can’t really imagine the practice. I wanted to do something I’ve always wanted to do.

So I thought about making clothes, like a sundress. Maybe even four to symbolise the seasons or an era but then I’d have to worry about cloth, providers of fabrics and models. I wanted to do this because my mum worked in textiles for quite sometime and likes to make her own things. This might have taken a while though. I didn’t have a clear idea of what the dresses would look like, then again who would wear them? I liked this idea but I’d want to perfect them and never get them done!

Well, I also like many different sports. Netball, karate and swimming are my favourite sports. I could do a tutorial of how to evade from opponents in Netball, spar in rings for Karate and show how to do long distance swim in freestyle. These sports have been with me almost my entire life! I currently have some muscle injuries right now, so I couldn’t.

My final idea was making an album of some songs that remind me of old music. I tend to like old music, I don’t know what’s so great about it but it kind of gives me a sense of deja-vu. My dad loves old music and he has loads of memories from songs. It’s kind-of like cold hard nostalgia. Pop music to me is a little bit draining; not saying it’s not groovy but well it has no meaning, just the same sort of beat over and over, with one sided love and partying as topics. I want something for the soul. So I wrote some songs. I really love old music, it’s like poems for the heart. I can sing a little bit, and I have my instruments so I’m fine with this. I really love music and I think I could do it easily.

The songs are inspired by these legends:

Tracy Chapman– Fast Car

Michael Jackson– She’s outta my life

Howard Jones – No one is to blame

Supertramp – The Logical Song

The Beatles – All My Life

Men At Work – Overkill

The Horses – Daryl Braith

U2 – October

Coldplay – Yellow

Cold Chisel – Choir Girl

Elvis Presley – Love Me Tender

Simon & Garfunkel – Sounds Of Silence

One thought on “I swear I was born in the wrong era

1. This blog post is stunning! So well written and what an amazing beginning to your journey with your Passion Project. You clearly have so many passions and interests to choose from. I love that you are going with making an EP for this project. So incredibly awesome!
    Are you planning to make a CD cover, etc.?