Powerful Sentences

My book of choice is “Zac & Mia”. It’s about two Australian teenagers who have cancer. The end up as hospital ward neighbours. He learns her blearing music or her foul mouth can’t stop them from thinking about each other even when they’re away. In his time of treatment for leukaemia, this was the first time he met a girl his age in this hospital with cancer. Zac’s cancer is more serious than Mia’s.  The book is powerful altogether I think and so far I would rate it a 9/10 but I have not finished.

“It’s funny how the brain does things like that. Your whole world is getting sucked up and tossed around and the best you can do is fixate on something small and unexpected.” – Zac Meier / A.J.Betts / Zac & Mia

I think this is a very moving and powerful if you think. He is getting better from a bone-marrow transplant that could save his life and he has undergone chemo and other things. He is stuck in this empty room filled with the smell of hand sanitiser and the worst part is when you hear someone has passed away. It would crush him. He had to leave all his friends, not conclude year 12 and under go all this. It’s like saying all he wants are the simple things.

The other way I came up with to say this:

Abstract and unplanned things are usually my point of interest. I’m sick of all this pain and this puts my mind into a daydream.

“At some point, you gotta stop looking at the sky, or one of these days you’ll look back down and see that you floated away, too.” – Paper Towns / John Green

I couldn’t choose between these two. I like this book also. There are lots of sites where you can find information about the book “Paper Towns” by John Green because it’s very popular. It’s a young adult book. I think it would be a great read for anyone but John Green has a stereotype for all of his characters. He may be good at writing but all of his characters are the same. Sometimes I think the girl protagonist is someone he loved when he was growing up or loves now.

I think this line is very powerful because it’s saying stop daydreaming, go have a little fun. Being happy is better than wanting to stop your death. You’ll find that you wasted your life, over something so bitter and annoying rather than having lived wild and reckless. I’d rather be wild as a storm than someone who has a plastic heart anyway.

The other way that I came up with for saying this would be:

Why are you just staring up at those clouds? Couldn’t you use your life, run reckless? Cause someday you’ll be up there, just wait; it’s something you can’t escape. We are born to live, not to wait for our stupid deaths.

3 thoughts on “Powerful Sentences

1. Hi Joy,
    Extremely detailed blog post but like Samantha, maybe add an image! But I also think there’s a need to an intro to the topic instead of just going straight into our powerful sentences. What do you think? Do you think it’s needed?

2. Hi Joy,

I think the absolute same as Abbi and that you have a great way of describing things. I do think that an image would improve this blog post and that an introduction is probably needed. Other than that I think this is an awesome post! ?