Totaka Candles by Emma in Yr8
You can contact her to buy her handmade candles via Instagram – @totaka.candles
Emma made candles out of wax, scented oils, jars and lids. This took her about 20hrs to plan, get the materials and make them. She got her inspiration from her neighbor, Leanne who makes candles professionally. Her scents are at the moment Grapefruit, Coconut and Lime and Rio De Janero. Emma plans to make more candle smells and types and sell them at markets and via Instagram.
The steps were:
- Measure the wax in a measuring item (cup or jug)
- Melt the wax in a pan over the stove until done & melted
- Add a wick and hold it in by securing it with a clothes peg.
- While the wax is still liquid add drops of scented oils
- Pour into clean jar and wait for it to dry
- glue on the label and voila!
Before this she washed the jars to clean them out.
Also two other girls, Charlie and Skye, made candles too. Some of their scents are Champagne and Strawberries and Black Raspberry Sugar. All of their candles smell really nice and are very well presented.
This is her candle Coconut & Lime