In maths we have a project were we have to make a short film about a 3D shape with a story line. It has to include a 2D net of the shape. A 2D net of a 3D shape is were you take apart a 3D shape and connect the 2D shapes in a way that if you fold it back up you get the shape you started with. it also has to include how many faces, edges and vertices your shape has.
This week in inquiry we made mystery film. I have an other post on that so if you want to know more about that look at that post. 😉
In masterclass I went to the Guerue session. In the Guerue session we looked at ways we can publish our writing and things we can use. 😉 Using these ways I think I should have no trouble getting my message across to the audience.
- What have you been learning about in Inquiry? So far in inquiry I have learnt about photography, film and we have also started audio. In photography I have learnt lot of rules I will put my power point in another post when I workout how. in film I have learnt how to make a film and an interesting fact about film making is that 60% is prep, now that’s a lot. in audio I have learnt about all the different types of microphones like the shot gun mic it is used to aim the sound in the direction of what you are filming so you don’t get all the noise from the camera crew.
- What have you been learning about in English?
In English I have learnt how to write a seed in more depth. I have learnt how to use commas and how they can change the meaning of a sentence.
What have you been learning about in Maths?
in maths I have learnt about roman numerals, e.g. I=1 V=5 X=10. you have to put the bigger number at the start unless you are writing say 4 were there is another letter that means one more than the number you are writing so you would wright IV
What have you been learning about in your specialists subjects?
In music I have been learning how to play keyboard. I am not very good but I found G. In drama we have been learning about improvisation and theater sports.
hello this is my writing self assessment
things I have learnt about writing:
~It is more enjoyable to read if it is quality and not just a long boring pace
~it is usually a better pace if it is about something that has happened to you
~you have to re read your writing to make sure it makes sense
what am I good at:
writing about things I do when I am camping and
matching pictures with my writing
what I would like to improve:
Welcome to your College Digital Portfolio! A Digital Portfolio is like having your own website. It is a place for you to learn about being an active and responsible digital citizen by creating a portfolio of your best work to showcase and share with others. Through the creation of a blog, you will be able to write regular reflections and share your learning journey through photo and video with your teachers, parents, each other and possibly even experts from all around the world.
For more information and support, speak to your teacher, explore, play and learn from each other! Learn how to publish your first post by visiting Publish your First Post. After that see what you can do! Visit the Edublogs User Guide for more help developing your new online space.
There are so many ways in which to use your space, for example:
- Documenting and reflecting on your learning, passions, and interests, both in and out of school
- Curating and highlighting work for your Student-Led Conferences
- In some instances, your teachers will also ask you to submit, reflect and comment on other students work in this portfolio
That’s enough to get you going. Your Digital Portfolio should be a fun, enriching and rewarding way to explore, find or create your place in the world. Good luck!