learning post week 2B

Maths

In maths this week we have been working a bit on algebra. We have done function machines were what goes in is X and what comes out is Y, I will give you an example of the function machines   X is 2 then Y is 4    X is 5 then Y is 10    X is 4 then Y is 8     so if X is 3 what is Y

English

In English this week for writing I have been researching and collecting information about whales. a few of the facts I have collected are: The scientific name for the killer whale is Orcinus Orca.   The killer whale was once called “whale killer” by sailors who saw it attacking whales. Over time, the name was reversed.   The killer whale is also known as sword whale, assassin whale and blackfish.

we have also started the second book of hatchet, it’s called the river, by Gary Paulsen.

Inquiry

This week we went to the zoo. The reason we went to the zoo was to film our SOS save our species project. When we had done a bit of filming I was packing up the DSLR camera that I was using the others left but Mia said she’d wait for me. We saw the way the others went and thought we could catch up so I finished packing the camera up and went down the path we saw them go down but at the end of the path there was about 8 ways we could go and they could of decided to go. So we went back and decided to film our peace to cameras.