Weekly reflection-Week 6B

Hello this is my weekly reflection

MATHS

During maths this week I attended a maths group on how to find the area of a 2D shape. I learnt that the answer is always in units 2(squared) such as centimeters 2 because there are 2 dimension length and width. To find the area of a 2D shape you multiply the length by the width so if there is a rectangle with the measurements, length=2cm and width=6cm to find the area you do this equation 2cm x 6cm = 12cm (squared) and the area is the answer of the equation but when you write the answer you must write cm 2 for the answer to be correct.

INQUIRY

During inquiry this week we begun our personal project. First we wrote the shotlist to prepare all the shots needed to make the film. While writing the shotlist we made sure to be detailed and include the expressions the actors on screen would have. Once the shotlist was completed and shown to a teacher we begun the filming. Our film was about exclusion so we had shots where the victim looked sad such as a close up of the victims face with fake tears and a really sad expression. I think we might have to re-film the shot where the victim gets pushed over and lots of people walk past and don’t help because the crowd waiting to walk into the shot were already in the shot at the beginning.

WRITING

During writing this week I attended a guru session. The guru session was about making our writing more interesting and adding twists. We all shared our ideas for stories and twists. Then we begun to write the main plot of our story idea onto paper. After the session I continued by starting a seed from my idea, the story is about a boy who wakes up blind and his dad tries to help and takes him to the doctor as the story continues his dad acts stranger and stranger and at the end of the story the boy will wake up and be able to see but the man who he thought was his dad the whole time is a stranger.