Student Reflection

$RWR8NF7

After not a lot of initiative from students to post without being asked to post by me combined with a 3 week mid year break, I decided to start fresh with our blogging this term. To launch our journey back into blogging this term, I revisited the document where we brainstormed responses to questions about blogging at the beginning of the year; the beginning of our blogging adventure.

Student Comments July – What is Blogging

We paid particular attention to how we can benefit from blogging in year 6 and used the responses to this section as a starting point for self reflection. I asked the students to think about what they are doing well as individual bloggers and then asked what they think they should focus more on. The responses from the students were not surprising, with most stating that they wanted to post more without being told and that they wanted read others posts more to learn from them and comment more on other peoples posts also.

Directly after the discussion I modeled making a post on the class Homeroom blog leaving a feeder comment for them to comment with their learnings about blogging and also a goal that they would like to focus on. The student comments can be seen on our class blog site:

6B Homeroom Page – edublog

I was happy to read all they have learnt about blogging. Most of the student learnings were not about the technical components of blogging, as I expected them to be. Most of the learnings were at a deeper level; using their blogs to inspire others and share their learning and a few mentioned about writing with a sense of audience.

I encouraged the students to get their parents involved in their blog site – allowing them the opportunity to contribute comments about their child’s learning at school. I was surprised that most students hadn’t showed their parents already and I am wondering how to encourage expanding the audience of my students’ blogs beyond the classroom.

Any ideas on how parents can be encouraged to check their child’s blogs?

1,378 Responses

Page 28 of 28
  1. Online Dating Services September 16, 2021 at 5:43 am |

Golden rules for successful online dating If you use online dating perth and hope to find a partner instantly, we must tell you that it is possible only in dreams.When you connect with many profiles for the first time, you will feel extremely frustrated when the early sparks you felt do not turn into a perfect match.
    But as Swedish House Mafia would tell you- “Don’t you worry, don’t you worry, child. See heaven’s got a plan for you.”According to online dating coaches, you need to follow some unavoidable rules that work 100% in the online dating world.If you’re new to dating apps or just looking for advice on how to navigate the process with more success, here are a few online dating rules to keep in mind:

2. emma September 16, 2021 at 10:43 am |

Thanks for the insight. Maybe I missed it but what level are your students? I’m assuming college level (16-18) but it’s be good to have that clarified. 🙂
    Ornaments

3. abi ching September 16, 2021 at 12:18 pm |

First of all I would like to say wonderful blog!

https://joinlive77.com/

4. abby de September 16, 2021 at 12:19 pm |

http://hichiso.mond.jp/i_hhh_wiki/index.php?DFGDFGDFG

5. abby de September 16, 2021 at 12:20 pm |
  6. elijahnoah September 16, 2021 at 1:21 pm |

If you’re facing any issues regarding and you’ll get a moment online solution . So please For more details visit this link which is given below:

7. vashikaran specialist September 17, 2021 at 10:08 am |

Astrologyswami.com is the official website of Aghori Tantrik Jitesh Bhai Ji. Tantrik Ji is the well known personality today who is guiding people for their better life.

8. TopGun Movers September 18, 2021 at 5:07 am |

It is pretty understandable if you have chosen to hire a moving company melbourne instead of doing it yourself. Letting the experts do it is less stressful and more reliable. However, it cannot be ignored that these service costs are a pretty penny. Therefore, one must be careful while selecting an agency for moving your house.What could go wrong, you ask? First, it is advised that you read reviews of people who have hired random agencies for this service. That would be enough to indicate that a lot can go wrong. However, that doesn’t mean that you should not look for professional movers. You need to be careful with the few crucial points that are mentioned in this article.

9. hasnain September 18, 2021 at 7:29 am |

Wow, excellent post. I’d like to draft like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. Kudaemas88