Introduction to Blogging PD with Sue Waters

Blogging PD Notes

This was a half day professional development session with Sue Waters. The driving questions for the beginning of the session were; why should we get our students to blog?

These thought provoking questions were a great way for my learning team and I to begin our journey into blogging as it instantly gave purpose to what we were doing and why we are doing it. Upon reflection, I see a huge value in blogging. I see blogging as having many purposes that will enhance what we do at school. I intend to encourage my students to use their blogs to share / reflect / give feedback / assess / discuss / question theirs and others learning.

Sue taught us a range of useful skills to help get us started with our blogs. I have attached the notes that I took on the day of this session. She gave us a blog link to research how a teacher has set up blogging with their students.
Blogging Bootcamp site (Mr Miller):

This was ideal for narrowing my focus to how I was going to introduce it with my own students. I decided to begin by starting reasonably slow and have more of a structured approach to introducing it in a sequence of lessons beginning with discussing ‘commenting’ and doing it first in an off-line environment; in the classroom on paper.

I am looking forward to beginning blogging with my students yet am a little worried about all of the technical ‘coding’ and ’embedding’ that goes with it. I know I will learn it soon enough though … and am fairly sure that the students will teach me and thing or two as soon as we get started!

What are your initial thoughts about blogging with your students? How have you gone about introducing it with your students?

290 Responses

Page 6 of 6
  1. Digital_Work March 9, 2021 at 10:09 am |

The article looks magnificent, but it would be beneficial if you can share more about the suchlike subjects in the future. Keep posting. แทงบอล

2. seo March 11, 2021 at 10:28 am |

This blog is really great. The information here will surely be of some help to me. Thanks!. 토토사이트

3. hasnain March 13, 2021 at 11:07 am |

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. 안전사이트

4. hasnain March 13, 2021 at 3:52 pm |

This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. Cici4d

5. 온라인바둑이 March 19, 2021 at 7:59 am |

Are you the one who studies this subject?? I have a headache with this subject.온라인바둑이Looking at your writing was very helpful.

6. ozy March 19, 2021 at 3:18 pm |

Intentamos escribirle las palabras más hermosas, significativas y emocionales para decirle a nuestra pareja, nuestra única esposa, en esta página. Lea estas hermosas palabras para nuestro cónyuge y definitivamente le gustará una. Y enviará estos hermosos mensajes de sinónimos a su esposa a través de mensajes de texto o en las redes sociales. Cualquiera que busque frases de amor para mi esposa encontrará las más hermosas aquí.

7. seo March 21, 2021 at 7:22 am |

i am always looking for some free stuffs over the internet. there are also some companies which gives free samples. 먹튀검증

1. hug helps March 21, 2021 at 11:05 am |

good sites

https://skissr.com/

8. woliam March 23, 2021 at 3:20 pm |
  9. Woliam March 23, 2021 at 3:24 pm |

I hope we will see another blogging bootcamp, But this time we need more administrators! You can find them by looking at the resumes. http://www.topresumewritingservices.com is top resume writing service in the US!

10. 온라인포커 March 28, 2021 at 3:36 am |

I was looking for another article by chance and found your article온라인포커 I am writing on this topic, so I think it will help a lot. I leave my blog address below. Please visit once.

11. friday March 29, 2021 at 10:22 am |

Very good, I think I found the knowledge I needed. I will see and refer some information in your post. thank you krunker

12. persian rugs April 3, 2021 at 5:14 am |

good quality. Persian Rugs

13. Tiling Service April 3, 2021 at 8:01 am |
  14. seo training April 3, 2021 at 10:48 am |

good work done. seo training

15. Charles Charles April 3, 2021 at 9:35 pm |

Hello! I ran into your site utterly by mistake, and am really glad I did! This is very interesting, and I can tell you have spent some time studying this. Thanks! free v bucks

16. Charles Charles April 3, 2021 at 9:36 pm |

I discovered your blog post website on google and appearance a couple of your early posts. Preserve on the very good operate. I merely extra your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Looking for forward to reading far more within you down the line!… v bucks

17. persian runner rug April 4, 2021 at 8:08 am |

I think that thanks for the valuabe informati persian runner rug on and insights you have so provided here.

18. maya April 4, 2021 at 9:22 am |

I am always thought about this, thankyou for putting up. robux

19. maya April 4, 2021 at 10:02 am |

well, outsourcing can actually save any company several million dollars because of cheap labor.. free v bucks

20. Thomas April 4, 2021 at 5:12 pm |

Thank you for the update, very nice site.. 메이저사이트

21. Persian Rugs Online April 5, 2021 at 11:40 am |

I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here.

Persian Rugs Online

22. turkish carpet April 5, 2021 at 1:13 pm |
  23. lisa April 9, 2021 at 10:54 am |

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything. But think of if you added some great graphics or videos to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this website could undeniably be one of the greatest in its niche. Superb blog! anonymous chat

24. sara April 9, 2021 at 7:02 pm |

I want to convey my appreciation for your kind-heartedness in support of visitors who must have assistance with this particular situation. Your real dedication to passing the message all-around appears to be exceedingly functional and have regularly permitted most people much like me to reach their pursuits. The invaluable tips and hints signifies a lot a person like me and additionally to my colleagues. With thanks; from all of us. this page

25. Thomas April 10, 2021 at 5:29 pm |

I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. 안전놀이터

26. seo April 11, 2021 at 6:39 pm |

I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.
    nevenmaguireblog.com

27. Neil April 12, 2021 at 4:25 am |

The objective is to create the largest snake.
    slitherio online

28. uni corn April 12, 2021 at 8:15 am |

A positive energy sharing, thank you!
    unicorn coloring pages

29. maya April 13, 2021 at 2:37 pm |

“I’m a newbie and your accomplishment is quite a lot an inspiration for me” water damage restoration san antonio

30. maya April 13, 2021 at 2:38 pm |

I think other web-site owners should take this website as a model – very clean and excellent style and design, as well as the content. You are an inspriation in this topic! sprinkler repair san antonio

31. maya April 13, 2021 at 2:38 pm |

dress shops that offer discounts are very common in our place and i always shop at them** inventory management software

32. Muurisolatie Oost-Vlaanderen April 14, 2021 at 9:20 am |

The content is utmost interesting! I have completely enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great, and your efforts are outstanding! Muurisolatie Oost-Vlaanderen

33. monica davis April 14, 2021 at 10:56 am |

Hello! I decided to add several words about one cool writing service that helped me a lot with writing papers. I decided to look for some information and stumbled over one page https://writessay.org/excel-homework-help/ that contained all the necessary information.