Introduction to Blogging PD with Sue Waters

Blogging PD Notes

This was a half day professional development session with Sue Waters. The driving questions for the beginning of the session were; why should we get our students to blog?

These thought provoking questions were a great way for my learning team and I to begin our journey into blogging as it instantly gave purpose to what we were doing and why we are doing it. Upon reflection, I see a huge value in blogging. I see blogging as having many purposes that will enhance what we do at school. I intend to encourage my students to use their blogs to share / reflect / give feedback / assess / discuss / question theirs and others learning.

Sue taught us a range of useful skills to help get us started with our blogs. I have attached the notes that I took on the day of this session. She gave us a blog link to research how a teacher has set up blogging with their students.
Blogging Bootcamp site (Mr Miller):

This was ideal for narrowing my focus to how I was going to introduce it with my own students. I decided to begin by starting reasonably slow and have more of a structured approach to introducing it in a sequence of lessons beginning with discussing ‘commenting’ and doing it first in an off-line environment; in the classroom on paper.

I am looking forward to beginning blogging with my students yet am a little worried about all of the technical ‘coding’ and ’embedding’ that goes with it. I know I will learn it soon enough though … and am fairly sure that the students will teach me and thing or two as soon as we get started!

What are your initial thoughts about blogging with your students? How have you gone about introducing it with your students?

122 Responses

Page 3 of 3
  1. bookut August 15, 2020 at 4:30 am |

Your share is the great knowledge I have gathered, you are an important person I admire, thank you basketball legends

2. Victor bradford August 15, 2020 at 9:15 am |

The Pd is the service that we are using right now!

Mr victor from cheap assignment writer online

3. animal crossing August 28, 2020 at 9:47 am |

I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here. animal crossing

4. Ali Moula September 8, 2020 at 1:21 pm |

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. wordpress free plugin download

5. Ali Moula September 12, 2020 at 11:30 am |

howdy, your websites are really good. I appreciate your work. judi online

6. Ali Moula September 17, 2020 at 6:49 am |

Wow, What an Outstanding post. I found this too much informatics. It is what I was seeking for. I would like to recommend you that please keep sharing such type of info.If possible, Thanks. Jazz golden numbers

7. mapquest driving directions September 21, 2020 at 8:36 am |

Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people.
    Check mapquest driving directions from start to finish.

8. Ainak.pk September 27, 2020 at 1:17 am |

I want to encourage you to continue your great job, have a good day.
    For Online Glasses in Pakistan do visit our website Ainak.pk

9. Ali Moula October 5, 2020 at 8:11 am |

At this point you’ll find out what is important, it all gives a url to the appealing page: Ice Cream Minnesota Bakery

10. Ali Moula October 8, 2020 at 12:00 pm |

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! 먹튀검증

11. Keira Tayor October 8, 2020 at 12:59 pm |

Would you like to burn the midnight oil to write the Persuasive Essay, or enjoy a sound sleep while we take care of your essay worries? Students from Australia prefer Essayassignmenthelp as we have the ability to handle essay in any subject at any difficulty level. Know more about persuasive essay writing.

12. Ali Moula October 11, 2020 at 10:45 am |

I think about it is most required for making more on this get engaged Capital Gains Tax Advice

13. Ali Moula October 12, 2020 at 7:46 am |

I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page! Tax Advisors Tax Accountants

14. Aric October 12, 2020 at 8:05 pm |

The best Educational Training service in the US delivering online classes and online courses along with taking my exam service.
    https://payforonlineclasshelp.com/

15. Ali Moula October 13, 2020 at 11:09 am |

I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. site de rencontre sérieux

16. Dumps Collection October 24, 2020 at 7:45 am |

Crack4sure.com provides authentic IT Certification exams preparation material guaranteed to make you pass in the first attempt. Download instant free demo & begin preparation from crack 4 sure.

17. seo October 24, 2020 at 2:29 pm |

Many thanks for that publish as well as excellent ideas.. actually We additionally believe that effort is actually the most crucial facet of obtaining achievement. 먹튀검증커뮤니티

18. Sylar Lucas October 24, 2020 at 4:09 pm |

Never miss your online exam, If you’re not prepared for it than take online exam help