Tuesday Week 4
This was the first session for many peoples projects but we (Euan, Hayden, Abhi and Ishaan) had already done about 8 weeks of research. We got quite a lot of minor things done and finished the planning. Euan and I had forgotten our design books so we had to redo it by typing it up on our computer. We also continued our prototype and fixed an issue. The issue was that the motors for the cardboard prototype weren’t working because we had too much tape on it so it wouldn’t turn. We had tape on it so that it would spin faster because it would be held down, but we fixed that problem.
This is a picture of our prototype drone:
Friday Week 4
I was away in this session but Hayden, Euan and Abhi made a new prototype. It was very good and will probably fly but is still a work in progress.
Here is a picture:
Tuesday Week 5
The prototype drone broke and we are remaking it, we are nearly done. We have been making it and will most likely be done soon with the prototype.
Friday Week 5
Today we ordered the things we need for the actual drone and finished our prototype, the things we ordered are due to arrive next week. Here is a video of the prototype working:
Monday Week 6
The motors arrived and so did the Bluetooth module and Arduino Beetle.
Here is a picture:
The model name of the motor is Tarot MT2205 version 2.
Tomorrow we will try and get the motors to spin.
Tuesday Week 6
We assembled the motors and did the circuit. It didn’t work and we also started 3d printing.
Nest session we will try to get close to finishing 3d printing and also try to gte the motor working.
Thursday Week 6
The Esplora arrived.
Tomorrow we will try and get it working.
Friday Week 6
Today we got the drone body ready.
Tuesday Week 7
I was away today but Hayden made a 3D printed drone body prototype ready at makerspace.
Here is a picture:
Friday Week 8
Today we have got the 3A octos and we are trying to make the motor work and also start 3d printing the main drone body.
Here is a picture of the motor circuit and 3A octos.
We are not sure if the circuit is correct.
Tuesday Week 10
Today we are working on the expo. Next session we will most likely do the expo.
Friday Week 2 Term 4
Since the last lesson we have figured out that we need to solder the 30A optos with the motors. We also are now very close to 3d printing. Here are some pictures of us soldering:
I have also finished the double sheet in our design book.
That is what we have done.
Tuesday Week 3 Term 4
During this session wed continued soldering and did more research. We also 3D printed here is the thing we 3D printed:
Friday Week 3 Term 4
During this session I was away from school and quite a few things happened. Firstly Abhi ripped up all the soldering because even if we soldered the motor to then opto it wouldn’t fit on the drone body. Here is a picture of the updated opto’s:
The red and black wires will also be shortened.
Next session we will continue soldering.
Term 4 Plan
This term we are planning on trying to finish the drone and making the motors spin. So far this term we have worked out how to make our motors spin and we have also 3D printed our drone body. We are planning to finish by week 7. Basically all we need to do is finish soldering and work out how to make the layout of the drone and a couple other minor things. After we learn how to make the motors spin it is very easy to finish the project. After we finish I will probably be about to leave the school so that I can move to Ballarat on the Friday of Week 7. I am not sure what my other group members are going to do. I think Abhi is going to smash computers and build them with Gus and Max. Euan is most likely going to help Mitch’s group with their project and i think Hayden will go solo on scratch. That is my term plan Thank You For Reading!
Tuesday Week 4 Term 4
Today I will finish my Self evaluation and peer evaluation sheets because I didn’t know that we had to do them because we haven’t finished our project yet.
Friday Week 4 Term 4
This session we continued soldering and blogged a bit as well. The solderer didn’t work that well though so we didn’t get much done. Next session we hope to finish soldering.
Tuesday Week 5 Term 4
This session Abhi and Hayden where away and me and Euan tried to solder but it didn’t work very well next session we hope to finish soldering we only need to do a bit more. We also tried to flatten the drone body a bit because when we printed it it curled upwards here is a picture:
Friday Week 5 Term 4
This session we plan on finishing solderer and getting the motors to work. We ended up nearly finishing all of them. Next session we hope to finish it.
Tuesday Week 6 Term 4
We are almost finishing soldering but Abhi, Me Hayden and Euan realised that we could make one of the motors circuit and test it though we didn’t have time. Hayden was the only one to go to Makerspace today and he made the circuit but didn’t have the code so we have the circuit but not the code. Next session we hope to finish testing the motor and nearly finish soldering and the whole drone project.
Friday Week 6 Term 4
This is the diagram for our motor circuit:
Here is the actual circuit:
WE TESTED IT!
Here is a picture of the results:
We learnt something though. We learnt that the battery has the right amount of power for the motor but the breadboard even with diodes (Very strong Resistors) cannot. We forgot to record it though. But here is a explanation of what happened. We all got plastic glasses and got the circuit ready then we got ready to connect the last wire. When I did it started smoking instantly and the motor started spinning at a good amount of speed. Then two of the wires and the breadboard began to melt. I then pulled the wire out the blue one above was the one I pulled out. All this happened in the space of about 3 seconds.
Next session we will hopefully nearly finish the whole drone.
Tuesday Week 7 Term 4
Friday Week 7 Term 4
My Last Session!