Sewing

Day 1
Today I was chosen to do sewing and I have wanted to do sewing for ages and I am really exited that I’m doing this. For sewing we got to start a day earlier and I got to choose what shape I wanted to do for my out cut and I chose cats and dogs and we got to start my straight stitches practice. There are 6 steps for sewing.
  1. Fabric on starting line
  2. Foot down
  3. Left hand hold cotton
  4. Right hand turn, 3 stitches
  5. Swap hands
  6. Sew slowly
Here is a picture of my practice straight stitches and my templates. For next session of sewing I am going to try to start my real out cut.

Day 2

Today in sewing I got to start cutting my dogs and cats out and it was hard because sometimes the scissors didn’t cut through the fabric properly but I got it done and it looked like this.

Sewing

For sewing this week we made a bag to hold our math blocks by all we got to do today was choose our fabric and zig zag stitch the whole thing, A zig zag stitch is to keep the fabric from fraying.

Day 2

For sewing I got to stitch my fabric toghether and I think that tomorrow I will be able to start the braiding for the string and start weaving the string. I’ve got quite a lot done today.

Day 3

Today I finished my bag because we had 2 lesson on design. All I have to do now is to do the string and then I have completed my bag, Ive dong the string and this is what my bag looks like now, This was fun and now I have something to put my blocks in.

Sewing

Day 1

For sewing we are making boomerang bags