Session 1

Today in design we had a challenge to make a Rube Goldberg machine. We were put into teams of 3 and we had to make it in 2 hours. For this we took photos while we were working to see how well we did it. I will now show  you some photos of what we did

If I were to do this again, I would try to be more helpful and look for better materials to use for it.

Session 2

Today in design our first lesson was making something out of kenects. I was in a group with 2 other people and we chose to make the crane. We chose the crane because we wanted to challenge our self. At 1 point we thought about doing something easier but we kept on doing the crane. We chose to stay with the crane because we wanted to see how well we would work together. I also chose this crane because when I did the roller coaster in term 1 I wasn’t to good with kenects so I did this to prove to myself that I can do it. When the session was over, our crane looked like this.

Session 3

Today in design we made the pulleys as our next activity. For this pulls we needed a cup, some bendy mental and some string. The instructions helped and it made it a lot easier. I found this activity easier because it was small. When I have something small I have to work on, I work on it better than I usually would with something big because when I have a small task I concentrate on it and I make it strong and really well. For this session I only got to make 2 of the pulleys but this was fun and now I know what to do when I need to make myself a pulley. click link bellow to see us dong it.

 

Session 4

Today in design we are making something small from a big Rube Goldberg matching using Lego. We were in pairs or in a group of 3 and I was in a pair. We were given the funnel and ramp support. It took us a few minutes to find the Lego but if we didn’t find them we had to be creative and get a few different ones and make them into one of the ones we needed. On our laptop we went onto a program which had the steps for how we needed to make it and how it needed to look. We were given some paper to cut out and make it into the right shapes. Here are some pictures of what  it looked like when we finished.

 

 

Session 5

Today in design we added up all of our simple machines together to make a part for a rube Goldberg machine. Before my group and I started to join them  we had to finish making the small machines. Most of the I was doing the kenects because it was a big machine and it broke really easily.  Here is a photo of what it looked like when we added the kenects and the Lego model together.

 

 

 

 

 

Session 6

Today in design we were given our groups of 3. I am quite happy with my group because I think I will work quite well with them. We all started ur design and the after we finished we got a chance to try to build them.

Session 7

Today in design we decided change our design because it didn’t work. We started gain and we used a pin board instead of a table.  Then it goes down onto a small table and onto a heater which leads onto a ramp and the marble falls into a funnel and hits a bell in the bucket. The reason why we changed it was because we used to much tape, we couldn’t move it around and because it wouldn’t work. Now with the new one, We cant really move it but its working really well. It took us a long time to work and here is a video down bellow for when we videoed it working.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *