wooden cars

Today in school we made a wooden car. Using a saw some wood and a pencil.

I chose an easier car because it was my first time. We cut out the shape from a thin peace of wood. After we did that we could choose an animal or person to be our car driver. I chose an elephant because it is my favourite animal. I had fun doing this because I learnt how to use woof and make something fun out of it. In a few days we will paint the car and we will be able to take them home.

Today in design we made a chart about what floor the car worked on the best. We had to try the car onĀ the Flexi Pave(Tennis Court), Carpet(Classroom) and the Grass(Oval). For the experiment the Flexi Pave was the best and it was 9.01m and I think it won because it is the hardest ground and it wasn’t slippery. The Grass lost because its really soft and the car sinks into it a bit so its harder for the car to move. The carpet was in the middle because its hard but soft at the same time and the small circles of wool in the carpetĀ and makes the car go a bit slower. Here is a picture of what my graph looks like.