June 23

EV3 Challenges-Touch

What we had to do today was use the ev3 programming app to use the touch sensor. The touch sensor bump into things but then program it to do something else after that. Our goal is to get the robot to go forwards then turn and go back. The other challenge was to get the robot to bump the wall and then turn around and go forwards.

June 19

EV3 Challenge-Coloured Sensors

In todays challenge we had to build a nothing part for our robot. What we built was a colour sensor. What it does is when it finds a certain colour it stops and then it does whatever you have programmed it to do. Our goal was to make the robot move to each colours in any pattern. The colours we used were blue, yellow, green and red. I have achieved making it do first go from the green to the yellow but I haven’t got it to go to the red or blue.

June 14

EV3 Baseball Diamond

Today in design we have a baseball challenge. My robot that I programmed does not turn properly so I need to adjust up my program because it goes straight be then it does a circle so I need to try to get my program adjusted up so then I can move on to more challenges.

This photo is my program:

June 14

Colour in Fractions

In maths today we got to play a maths game. The maths game was to see how much fractions that we had coloured in. This is a video explaining what fractions I had:

We also did another colour in fraction sheet. So the video explains what I did:

I have learned how to add the fractions together quicker then I could normally do.

June 14

Microworlds Quadrilaterals

Today in maths we are learning about shapes and using setpos. Setpos means that you move your turtle without having a line there.

I had to get some help from some people because I could not get the right amount to do the shape.

These photos explain what are goal was and how we did our geometrical shapes:


What we had to do was use setpos to put our shape on a corner and then do a different shape for each corner. In this photo it has what I did to make my shapes.

These are my geometrical shapes. In the left corner there is a triangle. On the right side there is a circle. Our goal was to try to get a shape in each corner using setpos. I didn’t get to do all of the shapes but I have learned how to use setpos.

June 13

Rube Goldberg Machine

Today in class we started our Rube Goldberg Machines. What we had to do was plan what we were going to do. Our aim is to make a lolly fall into somebody’s hand. In it we have a pulley, a balancing beam, ramp, k-nex structure, books, dominoes and of cause a lolly. Our first plan was to attach the pulley onto a fan so that it would be able to hang down and work. We then changed the pulley on the fan. This was so that it would then be portable. We changed it by building a k-nex structure so it has a hook on the pulley which is attached to the k-nex structure. At the beginning of our RGM it has the ramp. We push the marble down the ramp which hits some dominoes. The dominoes fall into the pulley, one side of the pulley hits down on the ground the other side flies straight up hitting the beam on the other side of it. There is a marble in it so when the beam falls down onto the table the marble then hits the lolly into the persons hand.

June 4

Robotics- Seconds, Rotations and Degrees

Today in class we programmed our robots to move in a direction using seconds, rotations and degrees.

This is a program using seconds, then the second program is using rotations and the third program is using degrees.

This program makes the robot go forwards in 4 seconds it then stops and does the same thing except backwards for another 4 seconds. It is a total of 8 seconds.

I have used rotations to program the robot to move in a circle.

I used degrees to make the robot move in a direction.

May 21

Robotics Programming

Today we stated to program our robots. On our laptops we had to use Lego Mindstorms Education EV3 to make something and put it onto our robots. When we tried to put our program on our robot we couldn’t get it to work. We had to ask someone else to help us fix it. The problem was that on our program it was on the wrong plugs so we couldn’t make it work. When he put it to the right plug. We could then see what our robot could do.