Hummingbird

Jessica and I’s ‘creature’ is called a Zibry. It lives in the library. Jess and I had the idea that when someone says ‘Party Time!’ Zibry will start dancing and the L.E.D lights will light up.

What is a Hummingbird?

A hummingbird is an awesome little programming board. That you can program to do really cool things with. You can program L.E.D lights to flash, vibration motors, sound sensors, and more!

What did I do?

I coded a sound sensor to search for sound then once it finds sound it tells the lights to light up.

What was important about it?

The sound sensor. I need the sound sensor to start the program.

Where could I use this again?

I could use the when space clicked I a different code.

Do I see any patterns in what I did?

I saw a pattern in the code for the led lights. When they are programmed to light up and stop it is the same blocks just different numbers.

How well did I do?

I think I did pretty well for just basically doing the whole thing in one day. I would of liked to add the gear motor but otherwise I really like it.

What should I do next?

Add the gear motor.

What Zibry looks like

My Goal

Our goal is to have Zibry dancing in the end and to have the vibration and sound sensor working in order. I think it will be tricky for them to all work in the order that we want it to.

My Plan

Parts Purposes and Complexities

My screen recording of the first code

First code in action

The gear motor wasn’t working for some weird reason so I decided not to include it in my project.

I also didn’t get time to make Zibry ):