Aboriginals History with the Makey Makey

For our project ‘Brining Australia to Life’ with the Makey Makey Claire and I are researching the Kimberley Tribe. Our aim is to teach our class about the Kimberley Tribe and also to teach ourselves.

We will set it out like this

The page on the left has the diorama of what it will look like. And on the write there is all of the facts.

This is our steps to Achievement.

 

We will need

These items

This is our Coding

We put a when clicked block  with a play sound recording

For the second one we did again a when clicked block with the tropical birds sound. But at first we accidentally did a when flag clicked so when it came time for it to work we had to change it.

The most important part about it is the sound recording.

I could use this again in another makey makey project except just change the sound recording.

There is a pattern in the coding, the coding both has a when clicked block.

I think we could of done a little bit more with the coding.

If we had more time for the coding we would of liked to make the water fall make a sound.

I learnt how to record a sound. At home Jack [my brother] was helping me record the sound. We recorded it as a screen recording and it wouldn’t insert into scratch. [that’s what I learnt] So Jack and I stayed up really late trying to play the screen recording on my laptop and record it on Jacks, but the audio was really bad. So Jack showed me this app on his laptop[ sorry couldn’t remember the name of it] that might of helped the audio. But it didn’t so the next day at school Claire and I recorded it onto scratch.

 

This is our Script for recording

 

So far I have learnt that you cant upload a video onto scratch and use it as a sound.

And how to upload a sound onto scratch.

 

 

This is the start to our project

We just finished cutting and gluing on the beach.

This is the middle

We were painting our grass, we also added pearls into the sea

We have almost  finished. I made a tent to go onto the sand as a convict tent. We are still waiting for the paint to dry so we can stick on these

Trees, they don’t look as blue as in the photo, they are more greenie not in the photo.

When I was sticking on the trees with hot glue, the paint was still wet so it wasn’t sticking so I took it home and stuck them on with clear pva glue.

 

This is the finishing product

 

I’m proud of Claire and I’s Aboriginal History project. I really like the tent.

The most important thing is probably the tent and all of the information because it would of looked like an ordinary bush, but since the tent is there you can tell it is around the time of the arrival of the settler’s.

I could see a pattern in the code, all we did was two when clicked and then put in the play sound…… until done. That  is what the code looked like for both.

I think out of 10 I could rate it a 8 or 9, I hoped we could of not just made it look better but also the coding.

If we had more time I think it would be good to add a waterfall and a camp fire.

 

Yay!!!! We had enough time to add a water fall!

But not just a water fall we added a cave behind it

First Claire and I cut up blue pieces of paper

Then I glued them to the box

We coloured  in the river/stream

Then cut out the cliffs

Made the people

Stuck on the cliffs [ it was a bit of a struggle sticking on the cliffs]

And added the people

 

The most important thing was probably the tent and the cave, because the tent it was telling the story that it was around the settlement time and the cave because there is the aboriginal people in there and it was really fun to make!

I saw patterns in the code like is said before.

I think we did really well i really like how colour full it is.

If i could add one more thing i would add sound to the waterfall.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *