(These are the two bricks that work with the touch sensor)
This lesson we learnt how to use a touch sensor!
At first we were confused on how to use the touch sensor, then we got a little bit more help with explaining about how the touch sensor works and we were ready to create the programs!!
I created the program then uploaded it onto the robot (this took a bit of time) and then we tested it. We pressed play on the program the robot moved towards Charlies hand, then when it hit Charlie’s hand it stopped moving!
Next we went onto test two, the wall. We put the robot about 30 cm away from the wall, pressed play, and when it hit the wall it stopped! We were very proud of ourselves as we completed it first try.
I feel like at the start of robotics everything was going wrong, but now everything is going right which I’m very happy about. From this lesson I learnt that even if something is confusing at first you can figure it out with a little bit of determination.
This lesson Charlie, Henry and I got our Robot to do our program!!
Charlie created a program on the weekend and we managed to upload it onto our robot, then we pressed start and this time it worked!
Next, we moved onto the other challenges. We checked the programs then uploaded them onto the robot. Once we had uploaded the programs that we needed to upload, we were now up to date on all of the challenges!
I think our group worked very well. We didn’t give up if something went wrong, we would just find a way to fix it. We were determined to get up to date with everything. At one point there was one of us was working on the next challenge, while the other two were filming and taking photos of the robot in action. We were all very proud of ourselves because we have had a lot of trouble in the past with our robot and we were very glad it was working. I have learnt that there is always a way to solve a problem, you just have to be patient.
Week Four Session – Success!!
In this lesson we got our new brick to work! With a little bit of help we managed to upload a program onto the robot. only problem is when we click to start the program it hasn’t done the program it just says the name of the program and the loading screen.
Next we are hopefully going to complete all the challenges and film the robot doing it and upload it onto the blog post. I think we did a very good job getting our robot to finally work.
I think I need to work on taking more photos and videos when we are in our sessions so I can record it on my blog posts.
We worked well together and didn’t give up on the robot when it didn’t work, we would find things to do during that time like doing our blogs or programs. I think that our teamwork was very good.