Zoo Conservation Film Reflection

Hi everyone,

capture

(You have to click on the image to read it.)

Over the past few weeks, all of year 6 have been working on a film about an endangered animal.

• Planning: In the planning stage of the film, we had to chose a animal out of the top ten, Lord Howe Island Stick insect, Asian Elephant, Philippines Crocodile, Gorilla, Tasmanian Devil, Lion, Helmeted Honeyeater, Orang-utan, Baw Baw Frog and The Australian Fur Seal. I chose the Helmeted Honeyeater because, I love birds. After we chose the animal we had to research our animal and right a script using the facts.
  • Excursion to Zoo: All of year 6, went to the zoo in our animal groups, to go and film our animal and our scripts. Well the group that I was in, someone has misplaced the cameras, so we had no footage. 
  • Editing: I edited my film by using Corel, because that is the software that I know how to use. I didn’t have any challenges because I know how to use Corel. But I had many successes, like I never had to relink and my voice overs were really good the first time I recorded them. So we had to complete our first draft and then use the feedback we received from others that watched them, to make our final draft.
  • Feedback:

I like the music, it suited the mood. You made me feel for this animal. Great fact that you have.-Sophie 6A

Jacob
    I liked how you faded out in your green screen. The music suited the mood.

Aimee
    Good Job Zoe! You have made me care about the animal and the music is also making me care about the animal even more then I did in the first part of the film!

Henry
    I like how you had voice overs and text on screen.

Lily- I really like your how you problem solved.

I like your footage Zoe and your voice overs good job, the music suited it – Phoebe

I loved your footage-Ruby

Good facts you used. The music really fits this film. I like how you used text on the screen -Steven

Great job! the music complimented the footage (that was also stunning) really well and the whole thing came together nicely. The use of text on screen was intriguing and it gave a sense of variety in the different choices you made. Over all a great film.-Bailey G

I really like the music in the background, and the piece to camera and green screen use was very good, and all of the voice overs were very clear. I also liked how there was some text on screen – Barnaby

the voice overs are really good and the music is at just the right volume and really great facts and good voice expression. — Emily F

Your music was good and you voice over was very clear – Emmaline

Your footage was good. Your voice over was clear and it had a strong message. I liked your text on screen. Your music suited your film. Great Job -Issy

Amazing job! The music fitted that film so well! I also really liked the writing on the writing on the screen and just the film in general. For your P.T.C, I loved it when you faded out! It was really cool!! What I thought was really good, is that it doesn’t go for very long, but it really shows you what they deserve and what is happening. It was a really fantastic film Zoe! Be proud! 🙂
    – Astrid

The music in the background is very faint but goes well with your message.-Camilla

The music was set the mood well, I also loved your facts. -Emily s

Your message is very really strong and your voice-overs were read with emotion. Your script is well written and your footage is really good. The text on the screen is a good idea, and I like your choice of music. Great Job!
    – Jesse McD

• This is my film.😁😁⤵