Cereal Box Marble Run

Cereal box Marble run

Intro

Hi i’m Lili and in design we were asked to make a marble roller but not any kind we were asked to make a marble roller that could follow the track of were it was meant to go and not fall but it took time to get it right now lets go on to our day see you there…

Session 1

3/2/2017:

Today 3/2/2017  we were asked to make a marble run. Not just any marble run we had to us a cereal box, 1 pair of scissors and 30cm of masking tape. It was so much fun. First we started with a seed then we wrote down how we were going to make the marble run and design it. I think next time I will be very wise with the marking tape because remember we were only allowed to use 30cm of marking tape.

Session 2

Hi and today I am going to fix my marble run and make it more steady and make the marble so it can finish in the right spot. Again  were still only aloud to use 30cm of masking tape a cereal box and a pair of scissors and this is what it looks like:

Here is my video down below and prese the link below.

Cereal box 1-uiexlj

Session 3:

Today I and making a new marble roll and it is going to have a cylinder so it goes slower then my other one and were still only allowed to use 30cm of masking tape, a cereal box and scissors.  Now this is what my final product looks like:

a

Cereal box 2 small-1hxd9fr

Reflection:

These many design sessions had been one of my highlights of the 3 weeks that i have been in year 5 for and is one of the best years that I’ve been at Geelong College.

My first Marble roller didn’t work as well as my second one so I’m going to do another one. My seconded one worked and better then the other one and went slower then my first one.

These are some of the strategies the we use in design

• Gravity
  • Momentum
  • Steepness
  • Steadyness

By Lili Batrouney 🙂

4 thoughts on “Cereal Box Marble Run