We had a fun session 5!😜
In lesson 5 our group worked on having the robot speak the words “Hello World”. Our robot was having some technical difficulties, so Mr McKie helped to restart Claxina, our robot. It still wasn’t working so we changed our brick. Claxina started to work after making some changes and we completed part one!
It was difficult to code the robot to move like we wanted it. I know that there is a solution to command the robot, so that it does the right thing. We just need to find the answer.
Applying (adding, putting [effort in)
We tried our best to complete the tasks and we each took part in attempting the challenge. Mistakes showed us the way to success, which will is a skill that will help us in the future.
Analysing (observing, Putting it together)
We looked at our code and we just couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it! So we got some help and tried different combinations until we found the answer.
Evaluating (Work out the Answer)
We had a lot of trouble with our robot. First it kept turning off because there was a problem with the brick, we changed it to a new one and then it was working. A while after that we had problems with our code. We just couldn’t work it out! We observed the code again and saw that we wrote the wrong seconds, our robot would turn for half a second and then stop. Nina helped me analyse the problem and figure out the answer using that data. We needed to lower the amount of seconds between the turns.
Next week we want to accomplish the second part of our challenge so we can move on and learn new things 😊