In this session, we watched another TED talk by Birke Baher, but his one was a bit of a different talk. Instead of actually inventing something to do with the topic of his talk, he just explained the topic that he was passionate about. Birke talked about what was wrong with our food system and he wanted to change the wrong things.
In this TED talk, Birke had many strong messages. Here are the ones that I took away from this video:
- Don’t judge anything by it’s cover
- Always try and stay organic with food
- Farms are not always what you think they look like
There were also some really powerful statements like these:
- When he said “A while back I wanted to be a football player. I decided that I wanted to be an organic farmer instead, so that I can have a greater impact on the world.”
- It was sad to hear that they use genetically modified seeds for food and when organic farmers do, they say they’re going against the system when it actually is helping.
- It was a bit concerning to hear that some farms aren’t what we think. What Birke thought back then was the same as me. Cows grazing on the grass and pigs rolling around in the mud happily in a good environment. But turns out not all farms are like that. But some are which was good to hear.
That is all I learnt from this talk. Thank you for reading my blog about Birke Baehr’s TED talk and hope you enjoyed! 🙂