Beetle Blocks

This week our class has started creating shapes in Beetle Blocks. We were set with a couple of tasks to make Polygons, Rotational Polygons, Exploring the Z Axis and Exploring the X Axis. Here is how I did them:

Challenge 1

In this challenge we were asked to make a Polygon. A polygon is a shape with at least three straight sides and angles. I decided to make an Nonagon which as 9 sides. here is a screen cast explaining my polygon

The Operator Block

This is the operator block. On the left side it divides the number on the left to equal parts. The number on the right side is for how much the operator block divides the number into.

Rotational Shape

A rotational shape is a base shape (For me its a nonagon) repeated multiple times. Here is my rotational nonagon:

This code was hard because i created a variable. I made this work by putting “Set Value to 10″ at the start of the program. Then later in the code i put a Change Value by 1” so every time the shape was draw it would decrease in size.

I took the base of my nonagon and made it so it move right 1 step every time it drew the shape.

Up The Z Axis

Going up the Z axis means it goes up. This was difficult because I had to change the Z axis so it was going up when the Z axis is automatically  flat.

This code was difficult because at the end I had to change the Z axis so it was going up. I did this by setting the Z position so it would plus one every time. Here is the final product:

Around the X Axis

The X axis means the shape that you are drawing goes through the board** to make a ball like pattern. Here how i did it:

**The board is the board the platform where the beetle starts to draw.

Turtle Art

This week 5C started creating on Turtle Art. First we played around with the blocks and then we were sent tasks to complete. Here is how I did them:

1. First we were asked to see what was same/different  between Beetle Blocks and Turtle Art. Here is what i found

Same

• Uses Math Blocks
  •  Uses Turtle/Beetle
  • Turtle Art is 2D
  • Beetle Blocks is 3D

Challenge 2

Next we were challenged to recreate the polygons we made in Beetle Blocks. Here

is what i did:

Here i recreated my Nonagon. The code is very similar because i used the same variables and i used the division block again.

Challenge 3

Next we were challenged to recreate our rotational design using our polygons. Unfortunately I had a little bit of trouble recreating it exactly but I produced something similar. Here is how i did it:

Here you can see I used my Nonagon code from before and added a little bit on. I added on the Repeat 10 block above my Repeat 9 block so it will actually make the Nonagon 10 times. Then under all of that i added the turn right block and the forward block. These will make the same shape turn 360 divided by 10 forming the finished shape.

Challenge 4

Next we were challenged to change the pen size to improve our shape. Here is how i did it.

Here it is with the pen size changed. The pen size block determines how big/small the line will be.

Challenge 5

Next we were challenged to change the colour to improve our shapes. Here is how i did it:

This challenge simpler than the other challenge but it was interesting because the colou

rs were sorted by numbers. So for example if you typed in 10 you will get orange or if you type 50 you will get aqua. I found this out because Mrs Watson sent us a chart with colours on in. This is what it looks like:

Challenge 6

Next we were challenged to used all of the skills we used including Rotational Symmetry, Pen Sizes and Pen Colours to form one shape. This is how i did it:

Beetle Blocks and Turtle Art