big 3

Rio for robots(part 1)rio

The time has come for robots from all countries all around the globe to come and compete in the robot Olympics. This year the host’s country is Rio Deja Nero in Brazil. This year there will be 3 different species of robot competing. Sphero, drones, EV3 dot and dash and our guest star, (taking some time off from star wars) it’s BB8. And we are going to have our own oping ceremony and closing ceremony. In this blog post I am going to tell you about these things.

1. Explanation, well I sort of already did that
  2. What event are you competing in, my group is competing for Canada in the EV3 chariot race and the dash chariot race
  3. What robot are you using and why, I am using the EV3 and dash. I am using the EV3 because we have been using it for a while now and I am now getting used to programing it. I am using dash because I haven’t used it before and I thought it might be fun.
  4. How are you programing your robot, what app are you using, this is my program for the EV3 I used Lego Mindstorms to make this program. For programing dash we used tickle.

Thank you for reading my blog post. Bye

Rio for robots (part 2)

Today we did more on the robotic Olympics. We have now all chosen what country we are all competing for. Zara, Grace, Vallen and myself, have chosen Canada. And we have all made little athletes for the opening ceremony.

I needed to make some adjustments to the EV3 chariot.

Before I describe the EV3 chariot I need to label the bricks we used. Just for better understanding.

This part of the brick (the one made blue) we are going to call a spot. I know there are goig to be lodes of lego experets saying “come on Takoda, its not called a spot its called a _______ (enter the real name here)” but we are gust going to call it a spot.

So the EV3 chariot has

2 poles that conet to the EV3

1 black brick that are 1 spot wide and ? spot long

1 black brick 1 wide long and ? spot long but it is about 4 spots bigger than the first black brick

2 red bricks 1 spot wide and as long as the second black brick connected to the 2 black bricks

The 2 red bricks hase a pole pushed throug the whloes in them and wheels connected

2 more red bricks (same length and with) connected to the other red bricks with one pole bettewn the pole gose throgh the middel of a wheel

Did I descibe corectly? You be the judge.

Here is a picture of the cariot. just pretend that those coluful bricks on top are not there. As I said at start I made some agjutments.

Thank you for reading my blog post. Rio for robots (part 3)

Hi everyone. The robot Olympics are only 2, yes 2, days away. Athletes\robots from all countries around the word\year 5 have been working so hard on training\testing and the day is almost here. I assure you there will be footage\photos from Rio\the gym on Friday. (The said footage is a propriety of channel 7\channel Takoda. We ask for no reproducing without written permission from the 7 network\Takoda)

(In yesterday’s training session\testing session)

Everyone in my group has had had a turn of testing there program and fix up any mistakes and now it was finally my turn. The other sessions I have been building the chariot or my program. The big day in Rio(robotic Rio part 4)

this blog post is going to be a bit diferent because it is going to tell you about the BIG day in rio\the gym in the form of a connmenty video

what a great talk. And wh better to tell you about it that BB-8. See you on tuseday for more degsin.

Here is my program. Our next training\testing session is today in the gym. Sostay tund

See you next time.

(Hey, athletics day on Thursday. Another event like the Olympics. Go helicon.)

The big day in Rio(robotic Rio part 4)

this blog post is going to be a bit diferent because it is going to tell you about the BIG day in rio\the gym in the form of a connmenty videoWIN_20160819_13_06_52_Pro WIN_20160819_13_06_52_Pro WIN_20160819_13_07_50_Pro

what a great talk. And wh0 better to tell you about it that BB-8. See you on tuseday for more degsin.

One comment

1. Zara · August 23, 2016 at 6:22 pm ·

That was very well explained.