June 17

#Reflect

My passion project was a success for me.

Did you achieve what you originally set out to do?

Yes and no. Because at the start i wanted to make a birds house with bright pretty colours on it. But as time went on i thought about it. Would the birds be frightened of the such bright colours? Would it look good in a garden? And other things like that and to me i thought no. So i did decide to oil it a light colour. So that it would fit. But the other details and the bird house it self was the same as i thought it would be.

What successes or challenges did you experience toward the end of your project?

Well on the top of the bird house i thought it would be a bit boring to have a normal roof that is flat. So instead i put shingles on the top of it i screwed two of them on but on the third one it broke in half so i had to pull it out and put another one in. I used this thing called  putty for filling screw holes but when i took some out it was to thick so i had to add some water. But then it was to wet so then i put some more putty and it was the right texture.

How did you overcome the challenges?

Well for the putty i put more water in there and then more putty. For the wood i took the plank out and added another one on.

How can you extend your learning if you were to continue with this project?

I would make the bird house bigger and try to make it more complicated so it would have more details. I would try to make it like a mini mansion.

Insert any images you have of you producing your project.

Here is my end result.

Posted June 17, 2018 by Ella Zele in category Uncategorized