My passion project went really well this term. I did what I wanted to do and I am quite proud of my end product. I originally wanted to do something to do with curiosity and i am happy i did because I wasn’t quite sure on what to do. My biggest challenge was definitely making the music, it was very time consuming and it was hard to get the timing right and to choose the right mood for that scene. the easiest part was probably editing, because i didn’t have to do much because most of the sound effects were part of the music so that was really easy. All I had to do to make the music making easier was finding the right time to do it so i don’t get stressed thinking that I really need to do it. If i were to extend on this project, I would probably put more time into my shotlists so I can make my movie even more emotional and dramatic to make it clear to the audience of what I am feeling.
Towards the end I was adding as I went and nothing changed to what I originally wanted going to do, all i did was add to the film. The two challenges i faced were finding the right time to do it and stressing over finishing it, but I eventually overcome these challenges which definitely made my project better. If I were to continue this project I would probably go on a sugar diet and explain the effect of having lots of sugar compared to what effects that happen when you are off sugar. Sorry I couldn’t get an image yet.
40 spins 6 colours
I think orange is going to get the most because it is a 3rd of the spinner and the rest just go one down then one down again. I think
This week we started a new project in design called electronics. First We had to wright down in our visual diaries what energy is, what are the different types are, and what it is made of. Next we got to make circuits of our own.
This is a video of the circuit I made.
in Tinkering my group and I are making an paint spinner which spins pain to make a cool painting. we are using is a DVD player and have taken out the part that spins the DVDs. At the start of this week i didn’t know what makey makey were but know i know you can program it to spin on the computer on scratch then make it spin in the real world.
This is what we are hoping to make.
This has been the best week ever. We got nearly every thing finished after we found out we don’t need to use makey makey. I learned that we didn’t have to use makey makeys we just had to use some thing that we tinkered before. Earlier in the week my group and i went up to it to get some thing down loaded on to our laptop but it didn’t work so we were so happy when we heard we didn’t need to use makey makeys.
WIN_20171103_13_01_39_Pro.mp4 Is this a link?
This week has been all over the shop a few sessions we were finishing our sewing reflection then we went to electronics then the next day only 12 people got to go to electronics so we just did our tinkering project, and were are so close to finishing it.
This week we have 3D printed a stand for our motor but it didn’t fit so me hot glued a knex piece then we hot glued the motor to the knex and now we are letting it dry. hopefully we get to test it. We have finally finished!
here is the video
We have finally completed our project and it worked first shot! It worked perfectly and it made cool patterns. Our group was very happy.
Here is the video of it working and the phots of the art.
This week we dismantled our spinner and it is all over. We succeeded and we were happy with our end result. Sadly this was our last design session but i definitely learned a lot!
This is my sewing mobile.
This is my block bag.
Today we got to use spheros. They are very challenging but at the same time super fun. For our first challenge we tried doing a parallelogram but is took us too long to figure it out so then we just did a simple triangle. after that we got into the maze part. We had to create a mini maze and then program the sphero to finish the maze. We got about half way into the maze before getting carried away with making it make sounds and noises.
Here is a short clip of the triangle challenge.
i was very happy this week because today was the fist time i figured out how to make a robot follow a black line. it was also the first time i figured out my first program with out getting help. i really got the hang of it when i looked at the blocks really closely it made much more sense.
i was very happy as you can see in the video.
This week was a lot harder than last week. Sadly i wasn’t successful but I think I will get there next robotics week. I did get a few hints from my friend but then i wanted to figure the rest out myself. I don’t think I was successful because i used different robots every day because other people took my one and then I had to check the ports then edit the program. Here is a short clip of my work.
the video was too big to fit
start touch stop