My Reading Blog

Me as a Reader

My favourite genres are mystery, diaries, comedy and just any good book. I read in my spare time and LOVE it! I think reading is a choice for people to be what they really aren’t. If you have a boring plain lifestyle, books take you on an adventure from time travelling around space to crime fighting and mystery solving. It’s a great way to get your imagination going before bed or to just take yourself somewhere that nothing ever has before.

My favourite authors are really hard to choose because there are so many. Paul Jennings, Jacqueline Harvey, I can’t even think of them all straight off the top of my head. I only just learned today that Jackie French has dyslexia and all her words are jumbled up and so confusing that the editors have to feed through it all to make it readable to her fans. Personally I think that is pretty amazing. It just goes to show that if you truly love something, and have talent for it, nothing can get in the way of that.

Reading is good because in a movie, you can’t use imagination. It is set on the screen and only uses your eyes to watch. Reading uses imagination (brain/mind) eyes (to follow the words) and your limbs (to hold the book or to turn the pages). Reading is an experience you clearly can’t get from watching a movie.

15/02/16

My Character Analysis

My Character Analysis will be on a popular book which has recently been made into a movie. Snoopy. Snoopy was written by Charles M. Schulz and I have picked one of the books from the Peanuts Series to base the events and storyline on. It is called Man’s Best friend. I have chosen the main character Charlie Brown. Charlie brown is a kid with low self esteem and cares very much for his dog Snoopy. He has many friends although they kind of ignore his opinions sometimes. He feels as though every thing is going wrong for him. I like him because I think he can relate to people in the real world and he is really funny. I kind of feel sympathy for him when I read of his misfortunes because I imagine if I was in that same position. He enjoys flying a kite but no matter how hard he tries, it is never the right time to fly it. He still keeps persisting. Charlie Brown is always trying even though he almost never wins.

I think snoopy is a really creative cartoon/book series and if you haven’t read or seen one of the books yet, I think you should go down to the library and grab a book right now.

snoopy-typing-clip-art-1650015