Developing a Narrative.

Hi guys,

I have been trying to improve my writing lately so I thought I should take a look at the basics of books I am reading to get an idea of what a book or narrative should include.  I realized, all and every single book has an intro, problem resolution, and ending. The book I will be choosing is the one I have just completed called Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Go to my reading rant page for the details as I have just finished one about this book.

In the intro, Harry is waiting in number 4 Privet Drive for a letter from his friends inviting him to the Quidditch world cup which is like football or soccer in the Wizarding world. His Atrocious Aunt, uncle and cousin Dudley Dursley are unbearable and are driving him mad, while he constantly tries to ignore the fact that his friend are ignoring him and his ‘Family’ have confiscated all of his things that are or have to do with magic.

The middle or problem of the story is that at the Quidditch world cup, Someone in the grounds casts the dark mark ( Lord Voldemort’s sign). The spell was casted by Harry’s wand which had recently been misplaced. This shows, that Voldemort is back.  

There is kind of two parts of the problem. What I just said and what I am going to tell you.

Harry’s name is put in the Goblet of Fire, The decider of the champions from each school out of Durmstrang, Beaux Batons and Hogwarts. There is an age limit line drawn by Dumbledore that restricts under 17 year olds from entering their name. Somehow, a very powerful wizard must have put his name in the goblet as another school’s champion as there were 4 names drawn out of the goblet of fire. Cedric Diggory, for Hogwarts, Fleur Delacour, for Beaux Batons, and Viktor Krum for Durmstrang. Then, out of nowhere, Harry’s name is spewed out of the Goblet, with no school on it.

The resolution of the complication or problem is when Harry, with Dumbledore’s help, figures out who created the mark and who put Harry’s name in the cup. All I am going to say it that it was the same person, to stop me from ruining the ending. It ends up that Harry wins the Tournament and with it 1000 Galleons – Wizard Money.

I also have another 4 words to share with you before I finish this post.

These words are from the next book in the series which I am currently reading called Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix.

Tenacious

stubbornly unyielding

Even though Harry was smaller than his other teammates, his tenacious attitude allowed him to accomplish as much as they did

Rambunctious

noisy and lacking in restraint or discipline

Everyone was  so loud and rambunctious that instantly the whole atmosphere changed. 

Optimistically

with optimism; in an optimistic manner

By 8am on day two, he was optimistically waiting at the entrance of the Quidditch pitch, ready for the first task of the tournament.

Nostalgia

unhappy about being away and longing for familiar things.

He enjoyed the nostalgia brought on by the show.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this and I have thought you a knew word or what happens in this book. Please comment if there is anything you think I need it improve or have done well.

2 thoughts on “Developing a Narrative.