Plot Analysis – Ice Dragon by George R.R. Martin

FROM ANCIENT TIMES, THE ICE DRAGON WAS A CRETURE OF LEGEND AND FEAR. WHEN IT FLEW OVERHEAD, IT LEFT IN ITS WAKE DESOLATE, FROZEN LAND. NO MAN HAD EVER TAMED ONE.

Storyline/Plot:

This story starts with a girl named Adara. She was born in the worst freeze/storm that anyone could remember. She had first glimpsed the ice dragon when playing in the snow, long after other children had fled the cold. She was not afraid, for she was a winter child. Due to her time of birth, she had a certain connection with the ice, snow, rain and most certainly the Ice dragon. In the fourth year she had seen it, Adara touched the dragon. in her fifth year, she followed it. in the sixth year, she rode the ice dragon.

War was brought to Adara’s home village and was forced to make the decision. Leave her father and go with her uncle to a safer place, stay and most likely die.
Unable to decide at this age, She ran to the forest in hope of safety and time to relax and clear her mind.

While there, she was saved by the ice dragon. With it’s wings of steel, it flew her over the village. Fire and smoke covered the sky. It took her to a safer place, far away from the war.

My Thoughts

I think that this book is very strong on emotions and is a great book to read. When I read it I picked up the book, read it till the end, and put it on my shelf and just thought about it for a second. My dad did the same thing when he read The Ice dragon.

It is a very touching piece and I recommend it to anyone who likes the genre fantasy because it fits into that category very well.

Over all this is a great book. If you ever get the chance to read this, I strongly recommend you to.

3 thoughts on “Plot Analysis – Ice Dragon by George R.R. Martin

1. Great plot analysis Emmaline. Iv’e also read this book and think you have nailed it’s story. I also think it’s quite touching and is and awesome book.

Mikayla.

2. Great work Emmaline you have really hooked your audience and I think I might read that book because the way you have described it sounds amazing and next time include an image you Mrs. Stafford she always wants an image in every post you make.