My Crown Trip!

crown-metropol-pool-resized-482x298 crown-metropol_4In week two of our three week holiday on the Thursday I went to crown metropole and I stayed the night there with my friend. It was her birthday. we went to a lint café and  little did I know that her mum had planned a surprise cake made from real lint chocolate. it had a thin biscuity cake as a round base but resting on top were two scoops of ice-cream. you couldn’t see the ice-cream because a chocolate dome was covering it. it was really shiny and sweet. I didn’t know what the chocolate would of been like though because  when you poured the boiling hot dark chocolate sauce on the dome it melts and reveals the ice-cream and now the ice-cream was coated in melted milk chocolate. although all that was nice, I didn’t know what sort of horror would happen after I left.

A few  days later I was eating breakfast and the news was on in the background. the latest stories just popped up on the screen. CROWN METROPOLE MURDER came up on the TV. I was so taken aback and felt so weird I don’t know how to explain it. I couldn’t eat any more. I wondered why no one told me. I still cant believe that something like that would happen to a place I trusted to keep me safe. I’ve been there every year for her birthday.  I guess that it wasn’t that bad but it felt like it at the time.

What did you do on your holidays?

One thought on “My Crown Trip!

1. Emmaline that was a really good recount. Sometimes through the piece I found some full stops but in the next sentence the was not a capital letter. So please can you read this piece of writing and see what I mean. Other wise it was a really good piece of writing.
    Prudence