Lego Education Day!!!

IMG_0006On Tuesday the 17th of June, we had an excursion to the Lego education Centre and the ladies that work there took us through three hours of activities divided into three different sections on different things. I was excited to learn more about Lego. My favorite section was the robot programing section. It was my favorite because it was fun, I learned the most from it and I enjoyed it more than the others. We had to program a robot and name it as our first step. My group named our robot SACRED STEVE because it was funny and original. We had to program it to move forward however many spins of the wheels as it needs and made it go back again, now with the rocket attached to the magnet. our first attempt was 10 rolls but after Sacred Steve got the rocket, he fell off the table! our second attempt was 7 rolls and it worked! then we made it go 7 rolls backwards and when the rocket attached to the magnet, it snored!

I learned how easy it was to program the robots and that when you don’t get something right, you try till you do and the calculation of the robots distance to move is by spins of the wheels! It was hard because if something very small goes wrong, then the whole program is ruined.

2 thoughts on “Lego Education Day!!!

1. Enjoying reading your reflections Emmaline. I really like the way you describe learning as keeping on trying until you get it right. That’s exactly how I learn. I don’t always get it right the first time but I persist and eventually figure it out.
    Keep up the great work!
    Mr. Camm