Zoom Cameras

Zoom  Cameras

Today we had our fifth film school clinic with Mr Henderson. Mr Henderson clinic was about how to set up a zoom camera and everything you need to know about it.

When you think about a zoom camera you would think that it’s really good at zooming in and out but actually it’s not known for zooming in and out it’s known for its audio it’s got two really good microphones on the top of the camera here is a photo.

This is what the Zoom camera looks like.

If u press the push button the microphone can go up and down. here is a video.

The fury this on top of the microphone we call in the Afro. The Afro spreed the sound and also protects the microphones.

Here are some of the things you need to remember.


Audio Booths


Today we had our fourth film school clinic. At the start of the lesion we talked about all the things we need to remember before we go in the audio booth the one that I think I’m going to remember the most is always write my name down before I go in the booth otherwise I’ll be banned.

Here are all of them

  • Maximum of two people at a time.
  • No food or drink.
  • Leave no evidence that you were ever there.
  • leave the microphone on the bench at all times.
  • Leave USB cable on bench.
  • keep the runway clear.
  • Don’t knock off.
  • don’t be more then 5 minutes.
  • Always use headphones when recording and playing back audios.
  • Don’t touch microphone
  • move back if you are speaking loud.
  • You may need to unplug USB when playing back audios.
  • book your time so you don’t get band.

After we finished all of the things we need to remember Maddie and I went into the audio booth and practice all the things Mr Galluccio taught us. Maddie opened her laptop and went onto the app voice recorder then we recorded some videos of us talking about the lesion.

I really liked this clinic because I will use the audio booths a lot when I am filming voice overs so it’s good i now  know how to use it.


This clinic was with Miss Williamson it was all about point and shoot cameras. We all used cam cameras. Miss Williamson showed us a Power point she put together of all the key information you need to know before you take a photo these are some of the tips she gave us.

  •  The rule of thirds: It is a square of nine boxes and your main focus of the picture should be on a line on the right or left.

  •  Balancing elements: Balancing elements is all about making sure your picture has a background that relates to the main thing. For instance the one that Miss Williamson showed us was of a pelican and it had his/her habitat in the background the pelican was sitting on the pier down the at the waterfront.

  •  Different views: Instead of just taking a photo front on you can take it from the side view, birds eye view or you can take it on the floor looking up the tree or building or something like that.

I wrote down all of those things in my inquiry book so before I take a photo using the cam camera I can just look in my inquiry book and look for some tips.

Miss Williamson then gave a camera between three people I was in a group with Maddie and Audrey we took all of our photos in the Enviro. We tried to take a photo of each tip Miss Williamson gave us.

My favourite photo that I took is the one of the purple flower.  Here are my photos:


Second Film School Clinic

Today we had our second film school clinic with Mr Henderson. The clinic was all about camera angles, shots and setting up tripods.

This is a photo of the different shots.

There is also the master shot and that is of the background.

We went over to the cupboard where the tripods are stored. Mr Henderson talked us through how to set up the tripods. We got into groups of three and went over to a spot in the room and set the tripod up. Then Mr Henderson called us back down to the floor to teach us how to connect the camera onto the tripod some cameras are easier to connect then others.

Once the camera was on the tripod my group and I started practising some of the shots we learnt earlier in the lesson.

I’m really happy that we got to do this clinic because I think that learning how to use the tripod will be really helpful in future films that I make.



First Film School Clinic

This is my fuzzy wuzzy video i filmed at school in the green screen room at school. The video under that it me filming it at home.

I really enjoyed this clinic and i will take a lot away from it.