Friday first day of humming bird:
Today in humming bird we talked about Inputs and outputs. We were all set a task where we had a sheet of paper with all the inputs and outputs in humming bird in a random order, then we cut them out and then we sorted them the inputs and the outputs. Bobbi and I found out that all the sensors were in inputs and the motors leds. Here is a photo:
Tuesday second day of humming bird:
In humming bird we were experimenting with the lights and the sensors. Bobbi and I experimented and we got two lights to work we got the green light and we found out you could change the brightness of the light so you could get it glowing green and a darkish green. we also got the leds to work so we got a purple colour. Here are some photos:
Friday third day of humming bird:
in humming bird we got our theme and it was creatures. Bobbi and I were in a group and we made ours about Bock who lives in a clock. We got some questions and here they are:
My initial goal is to make a creature with a gear motor so it will make sensor and make it turn stop and repeat, a sound sensor that will turn the motor on with the code all working!
Here are the parts, purposes and complexities of my design:
This is the first iteration of my creature’s system:
The parts which were the most challenging were getting the leds/motors working because they might not have been plugged in. The second hardest thing for us was that the coding wasn’t easy either so when we got to the motor we didn’t know how to turn it of because we would always have it on 100 on the last one but we didn’t know how to turn it of.
I was able to get these working because we learnt that you could stop it by waiting for like 3 seconds and then put the end one on 0 and it will stop the motor.
The second iteration of my creature’s system is to
Here are the parts, purposes and complexities of the additions to my design:
[insert scan from design book]
This is the second iteration of my creature’s system:
The parts which were the most challenging were…….
I was able to get these working by……..
This is a short film of my learning journey throughout this project: