This experiment was all about testing and designing. The designing we had to do first there is different stages we had 2 designs because we where not sure if the first design would work but it did. You have to have 3 or more simple machines in your rube Goldberg machines. Here is a picture of our little rube gold burg machine and some of the simple machines.
Here is a simple machine
here is two simple machines
here is the third simple machines
This session we got to create and explore with pulleys. You got with a partner and got a sheet of instructions. We reed the instructions and then we went off. There were three different tasks 1 pulley 2 pulleys and 4 pulleys. Archer and I completed all the tasks here is some photos of the pulleys.
this session is about Lego and how you can build your simple machine ours was something that bring the force up by flinging it. It was a bit confusing because you have to find the pieces they don’t give you them. The finding part was defiantly the hardest part of the task and also finding the right size pieces to fit .
Here are some photos.
This session was about knex this was defiantly my favourite session because it was different you could chose what you wanted to build I built a convabelt it was a real challenge because it had lots of different parts like a wheel and axel and other things but it was my favourite because it was a big challenge.
session 5 The connecting
This session was about connecting all the machines together my group were struggling at the start because we couldn’t think how we could connect it. All the machines were made from something different one was Lego one was knex and one was string and a pulley. Then I had the idea of starting with the pulley which drops the marble into the Lego zig zag ramp then the truck hits it into the cup but it was to complex. Here is what it turned out like.
session 6 planning for the rube Goldberg machine
This session my group and I started designing. It started off really well our rube Goldberg I think will be amazing. Our design was different to the end product it is a lot more detailed and I think more specific on what it does. We wrote down what the machine was meant to do and the instructions how it works. It is not to complicated but that session was fun because next time we will be able to design.
Here are some photos and videos.
Session 6 building the rube Goldberg machine
On the first of June my group and i started to add things to our rube Goldberg machine it was very tough but we now only have one little part to add on the machine. Hopefully we can complete the task in the next couple of days. But we are having a lot of success i thought it would be hard but we really stayed on task last session.
Today we got near putting all the components together and having it complete it was a real challenge i enjoyed it. This session there was no stuffing around i think we took it more seriously then the other sessions.
Here are some photos and videos just some attempts
Today we got our machine working 90% of the time. I thought we would need the next couple of session but we completed the task it was hard but it was fun so next session we will start to be putting all the videos photos fails and completion. It was a really helpful session to our group.
Here are some fails and not fails. Also some photos.
The last session
The pressure was on to make your rube Goldberg 80% of the time i had belief we could do it and we did i was proud to be one of the groups done. After the completion we were making sure it works each and every time we completed our goal.
here are some photos and videos.