EV3 Robotics

EV3 Robotics

Through out the terms in theses EV3 sessions this is how Will and I made it

here is the challenges we had to do

Move Straight Challenge

CHALLENGE: Move your robot forward

from the start line to the finish line and

back to the start. No turns.

Sadly Will and I had failed but this is what our coding looked like

We coded it right but personally we thought that something went wrong with the robot. Who knows?

here is our first attempted it didn’t even move, and then we realised that we had put the cord into the wrong spot.

I personally think that the seconds was by far the hardest challenge so far.

What should you do?

• Move your robot from the black line to the green line and back using seconds, using degrees and using rotations.

1) What did you notice? Differences/Similarities between seconds, degrees and rotations?  Which was most accurate? Least accurate?

Seconds:

Here’s the coding

On the icon which look like how fast your going well it is, but you wan’t to have your speed at a reasonable limit our else it will go bumpy.

And the button which looks like a timer, well it’s not, it’s actually how many rotations your robot does.

Degrees:

here’s the coding

The button that looks like an arrow is the detection were your robot is going to go. And the speed button is how fast your robot is going to go. And the hashtag circle is the rotation. Fun fact on my robot one rotation is 18cm.

Video

It was so quick I could barely keep cup with it.

Rotations: Coding

Successful video

Turning Challenge

CHALLENGE 1: Your robot is a baseball player. Program the robot to go around the baseball diamond.

I this challenge me and Will made our robot a baseball player and he has to go around the Diamond

Here’s the coding

Here is the video

What should you do?

• Program the code
  • Test it out

Explain our code.

In the code we had to do the coding but times it by 4.

What was challenging?

Probably making it turn so exact was really hard it took me forever to figure it out.

What do you notice about how the robot moves? Which parts? How?

If your one off of the turn or the rotation the robot just goes off track compleatly

Could it be done a different way?

Yes because instead of x4 I could have done the coding four times (but that just would have taken longer).

CHALLENGE 2: Your robot is a baseball player.

The robot has to run from one base to the next.

Oh no! He’s going to be tagged out.

So he has to turn around and run back to the previous base!

Here is a Video of it.

This was the code

What should you do?

• Program the code
  • Test it out

Explain our code.

What was challenging?

Yes because on the coding there is a button which looks like a speed limit.

If you put it on 100 it will move forward

And if you put it on -100 it will move backwards

When it turns one wheel is still going and one wheel stops, it’s called a pivit turn.

Could it be done a different way?

I don’t really think there is Will and I have tried so many times but it just doesn’t work

Part 2 (light sensor)

He is my Screen Cast

In robotics we attached a colour sensor to on our robot witch every time it senses that colour it¬†STOP’S!

In my screen cast I was talking about how the colour sensing works and how to program it properly and the most efficient way.

This is my coding to move forward and on the colour it come’s back.

On Lego mind storms there is a selection of colours that all are different thing’s that control’s the robot The green coloured block is for the robot to move and turn. The orange block is for the light sensor which, if programmed right, it should stop when it senses that colour.

In this challenge I found tricky was the light sensor and coding it right so it would stop when touched that colour. Plus it took for ever to get the right amount for the turn, it had to be so precise.

Part 3 (Switch Block)

I¬† Lego mind storms my partner is Will. Will and I have been set a challenge which is you have code the robot to move and sense all these different colours and if the robot doesn’t sense it then you code it to do something else. It’s basically asking to do something but it answer’s yes or no.

1: The start button. When clicked the start button the robot will manipulate the coding and will do it.

2: The loop block which is the one that loop’s the coding instead of having to do it for times. It’s basically x4.

3: The colour brick (Also none as the switch block). To make the robot sense the colour and when it does it will do what I have coded it to do. (The main focus)

4: The colour that you would like the robot to sense. There’s an choice of 7 different¬† Primary colour’s and black and white but Will and I went with red.

5: The choice of seconds, degrees, rotations, on and off. Will and I decided to try something that was new to us so we used On.

6: Steering by moving the number’s change’s how far your going to turn. 0 is straight and 100 is 360¬†(full circle)

7: Speed is how fast your going to go. In this task Will and I didn’t really think that going quick wouldn’t work as well as going slower.

8: The choice of seconds, degrees, rotations, on and off. On our last motion choice we had chosen the on but we thought maybe if we try something different from the first it will be different.

9: It’s the exact same as number six changing number’s to show how far you turn but in number’s so the robot can understand the program.

10: Same as seven. The speed how fast going to go. In this task Will and I didn’t really think that going quick wouldn’t work as well as going slower.

11: The rotations of the amount of degrees turned in 25. What i’m trying to say is 25 is the quavers of the whole amount of rotation of turn.

12: The option to coast or stop. Stop is when coded to the next brick it stop’s and does it. Coast is when it coasted through to the next code.

13: Same as five and eight the choice of seconds, degrees, rotations, on and off. On the first of our choices we choose on so we did it again.

14:¬†It’s the exact same as number six and nine. Hanging number’s to show how far you turn but in number’s so the robot can understand the program.

15: Same as 10 and 7.¬†Speed is how fast your going to go. In this task Will and I didn’t really think that going quick wouldn’t work as well as going slower.

This is a video of success!

Reflection

In this challenge will and I struggled on the motion in the switch but over all we loved this challenge and can’t wait to do something like it again.

Thank’s for reading Teacher’s hope you liked it!

Part 4 (Line Following)

In trough out these session Will and I have been flying past in our robotics and a week ago we were sent a new challenge called line following. What you have to do is there is a set oval for the robot to sense it’s way around. This is a diagram of what it look’s like.

Here is also a movie I made about the process of the EV3 robotics over all so far. So here it is I hope you like it.

Though out the video I was talking about all the different stage’s in the process of EV3 robotics. This is the coding the work for the Oval and for the robot to manipulate the code.

1: The start button. When clicked the start button the robot will manipulate the coding and will do it.

2: The loop button instead of time’s by four when you can really just loop it with switch block. It’s basically four time’s something.

3: The colour brick (Also¬†none as the switch block). To make the robot sense the colour and when it does it will do what I have coded it to do. When clicked it come’s up with and arrange of colour’s to pick. Also apart of the switch block is block’s with coding in them. if you can see that one block has a tick and the other has a cross. That’s asking the robot a question and if it’s see what is coded then it does it and if it doesn’t see the colour then is coded a back up plan witch is the answer no.

4: The colour that you would like the robot to sense. There’s an choice of 7 different¬† Primary colour’s and shades like black and white but Will and I went with red.

5: The choice of seconds, degrees, rotations, on and off. Will and I decided to try something that was new to us, so we used Second’s.

6: Speed is how fast your going to go. In this task Will and I didn’t really think that going quick wouldn’t work as well as going slower. So we decided to go at the¬† speed of fifty. (Medium amount of speed)

7: The exact same as 6 the speed how fast your going and if going to fast it will go off track.

8: The choice of how many seconds you would like your robot to complete the challenge. it’s basically fast or slow in gen rel of the whole thing.

9: The choice of coast or stop. Stop is when coded to stop and go to the next coding but that’s what we wan’t we wan’t it to keep going so that’s what coast is, it flow’s through to the next coding.

10: Same as 5 the choice of second’s, degree’s, rotation’s, on and off. But what different is that Will and I decided to change the coding up a bit so we chose On instead of second’s

11:¬†Speed is how fast your going to go. In this task Will and I didn’t really think that going quick wouldn’t work as well as going slower.

12: The exact same as 6 7 and 11 the speed how fast your going and if going to fast it will go off track.

13: The choice of the loop to do the do the whole thing over again or not. It’s just like timetables learning how many time’s it’s going to do it.

Here is a video of success of our program working on the line Following challenge.

Reflection

In through out this challenge I personally found easy because of what I had learn’t from the previous challenge gave me and advantage on my colour sensor skill’s.

Thank’s for reading!

Part 5 (Ultrasonic Senor)

In this challenge we had two set challenge this is what number one was. Make the robot move until it is 20cm away from the wall. This is what the second challenge was. Sheep trapped in a shed. Make your sheep roam around inside an in closed¬†space. Make sure he doesn’t¬†¬†bump into a wall.¬†this is what the ultrasonic senor looks like.

Image result for ev3 ultrasonic sensor

Here is a diagram of number coding of the coding for the first challenge.

2:  The choice of seconds, degrees, rotations, on and off. Will and I decided to try something that was new to us, so we used On.

3:¬†Steering by moving the number’s change’s how far your going to turn. 0 is straight and 100 is 360¬†(full circle).

4:¬†Speed is how fast your going to go. In this task Will and I didn’t really think that going quick wouldn’t work as well as going slower.

5: Compare distance centimetre’s. On this option there is an arrange of different selection this is what I did.

6: Compare type 4: In this on there is a very complicated selection that I really didn’t understand until now. Here is a diagram of the selection’s.

0: The choice of equal to.

1: The choice of not equal to.

2: The choice of greater than.

3: The choice of greater than or equal to.

4: The choice of less than.

5: The choice of less than or equal to.

Will and I had choice less than. Which we learnt the meaning for which is we it has sense the wall from twenty centimetre’s behind it will go nothing less then that.

7: the choice of how far away you want your robot to be when sensed the wall. The teacher’s told us to do 20 in the challenge so we did 20.

8: To be honest with you I really don’t know if it was just me or that that button wasn’t really a button it was kinda’ like a cord to pair up with a different code. I really don’t know.

9: The choice of seconds, degrees, rotations, on and off. Will and I decided to try something that was new to us, so we used off so it just coast trough to the next code.

10: So we used off so it just coast trough to the next code.

11: last but not least. Will and I didn’t know what all the other colour’s did but then we looked at blue and found a completely stop. So we thought why not try it.

This is the coding for the next challenge.

2:¬†The loop button instead of time’s by four when you can really just loop it with switch block. It’s basically four time’s something.

3: The choice of seconds, degrees, rotations, on and off. Will and I decided to try something that was new to us, so we used On.

4:¬†Steering by moving the number’s change’s how far your going to turn. 0 is straight and 100 is 360¬†(full circle).

5:¬†Speed is how fast your going to go. In this task Will and I didn’t really think that going quick wouldn’t work as well as going slower.

6: Same as on the first challenge. Compare distance centimetre’s. On this option there is an arrange of different selection this is what I did.

7: Compare type 4: In this on there is a very complicated selection that I really didn’t understand until now. Here is a diagram of the selection’s.

0: The choice of equal to. 1: The choice of not equal to. 2: The choice of greater than. 3: The choice of greater than or equal to. 4: The choice of less than. 5: The choice of less than or equal to.

8: The choice of how far away you want your robot to be when sensed the wall. The teacher’s told us to do 20 in the challenge so we did 20.

9: To be honest with you I really don’t know if it was just me or that that button wasn’t really a button it was kinda’ like a cord to pair up with a different code. I really don’t know.

10: The choice of seconds, degrees, rotations, on and off. Will and I decided to try something that was new to us, so we used rotations.

11:¬†Steering by moving the number’s change’s how far your going to turn. 0 is straight and 100 is 360¬†(full circle).

12: Speed is how fast your going to go. In this task Will and I didn’t really think that going quick wouldn’t work as well as going slower.

13: The amount of rotation’s you would like to go. Will and I didn’t quite do a full rotation but we chose to do 0.9.

14: So we used off so it just coast trough to the next code.

15: The choice of seconds, degrees, rotations, on and off. Will and I decided to try something that was new to us, so we used rotations.

16:¬†Speed is how fast your going to go. In this task Will and I didn’t really think that going quick wouldn’t work as well as going slower.

17: Same as 13 but with less rotation.¬†The amount of rotation’s you would like to go. Will and I didn’t quite do a full rotation but we chose to do 0.9.

18:¬†The choice of coast or stop. Stop is when coded to stop and go to the next coding but that’s what we wan’t we wan’t it to keep going so that’s what coast is, it flow’s through to the next coding.

19:¬†The choice of the loop to do the do the whole thing over again or not. It’s just like timetables learning how many time’s it’s going to do it.

Here is a video.

Thank’s for reading.