Conservation Film

The Tasmania Devil is the largest living carnivorous marsupial they are so unique in so many ways, but these animals are endanger one of their the main reasons why they are engaged is DFTD. DFTD means devil facial tumour disease. This disease was first found in 1996. Since then it has spread of across 60% of Tasmania that leaves only 40% without this disease. DFTD causes tumour around the mouth, face and neck. The disease develops very fast. When a Tasmania devil contracts this tumour these poor animals will die within six months. During those 6 months, they will find it very hard to eat which will cause starvation and body breakdown. The cancer cells from DFTD are very contagious it is spread by biting during feeding or mating the devils everyday routine is biting and playing this is why it spreads so fast. In the wild, they are only found in Tasmanian. Hillsville statuary are part of the mainland captive breeding population program, and have breed 101 devils in the last 5 years. The aim of this program is to have a disease free population on the mainland. You can help fight extinction by adopting a devil for ten dollars a month, which help support your Tasmania devil and care for your animal every day. If you do not want to adopt you, can simply spread the word or make a donation. Your donation will go to fighting extinction at the zoo and helping finding a cure. With you help the Tasmanian devil will fight extinction.

This is my PTC

The Tasmania Devil is the largest living carnivorous marsupial they are so unique in so many ways

 

Leave a Reply