Building views !

The last few week we have been working on building views. First we looked at the fount and side view of the buildings we made on a 4 by 4 grid. To make theses buildings you have a 4 by 4 grid with numbers in them her is a photo of the work sheet. The bigger grid is were you put the blocks on, and the little grids at the bottom with the numbers are what you follow to make the building. then you draw fount and side view. to make sure we can draw the right view we crouch down and look at the front and on the side.

Our next step was to make the buildings with just the side and front view to guide us. There were 4 buildings we had to make. once we made the building and it had to look the same as the picture front and side. Then we had to make sure we used only 15 block if we used more then we had to take them out but if we did not have 15 and we needed more we had to make sure we added them without changing the view or the look.. then we had take out as many blocks as we could to make the minimum for the fist building it go 6 for my minimum for the second building I got 11 3rd 7 and finally 4th I got 11 again. Then we had to do max this I found harder that than the min because you had to add as many as you can  without changing the view and the side and fount this is hard because you want to put a block here but it dose not work for the side but it dose for the front. the fist building for the max I got 20 2nd I got 21 3rd I got 15 and the last one I had to change it so I don’t have an answer for the last one.

The last thing we did was building views on maths 300. I found this super challenging but got the hang of it in the end. to start you can chose what size grid you want there is 3 by 3, 4 by 4 and 5 by 5. I started with the 3 by 3 grid. what you had to do was place the right number ( or right block size) in the square you got front, back, left and right view to finger out were to put the numbers. you can check it you have put the right numbers in by pressing check. you can also click the compare button and it will show you want it is meant to look like and what you have done. There is also a  x-ray button we did not use that because it is just cheating.

I really enjoyed this unit and I leant a lot.