In design today we started a new part of robotics, well 3 new parts. We had to chose between Line following, challenge mats and robot dancing.I chose robot dancing.
Line following, is well line following so it is where you program your robot to follow a black line using the colour sensor. The robot goes left and right a few inches, this helps it find the black line.
Challenge mats, challenge mats is were there is a mat an don it are 3D Lego objects what you have to do is solve those challenges there are lots on each mat and in the classroom there is 2 or 3.
Robot dancing, robot dancing is were you create a play, story or dance with your robot. You have to do it to so if you are doing a dace you have to dance with the robot. If you are doing are doing a play you have to be a part of it, not be the main part but be maybe be apart of the set of you can act in it to. You have to create a idea and get the music to match what you are doing.
I am in a group with Lulu, Milly and Jasmine. We are doing a dance are song is called hideaway. Our robot is going to be dressed as a person we mite be using a barbie doll to put on top. The background is going to be a brick wall well 2 we are going to have 2 a small one for the robot to hide behind and a big one for all of us to hide behind
Today is the second working on our dace we have change our idead to the little mermaid and we are doing the song under the sea.
We change our Idea to under the sea. So our robot is going to be the mermaid it was going to be the crab but that was to hard. We are going to have a blue background so it looks like the sea. Milly and I coloured the mermaid in witch took up most of the time. We talked about what it was going to look like.
The set is as I said is going to be blue we are going to a lot of boxes to build up. There is going to be light green and dark green and there is going to be fish in the background
Today we are going to make seaweed, maybe get some cardboard for the background, and decorate the robot. I did the seaweed wile Lulu and Jasmine programed and Milly cut out the banner. I got light and dark green paper and drew the seaweed. I also put small seaweed on the robot with grey cardboard around it so it covered the sticky tap from the seaweed and then we decide on the fabric for the costumes.
In design today we got a lot of things done. I went on to putting all of the banner peace’s on to a peace of sting. It was a very time consuming. Then I drew each letter of the little mermaids on to the triangles. I put bubble letters on it with different patterns inside of it. Which meant I had to take all of the triangles off I only got to drew 3 letters because I started with 6 done but I had done then upside down so the hole punch was at the bottom not the top so I really wasted my time trying to make a banner. We are not doing a banner any more manly because of how long it takes to make and we have more important things to do.
We started the session by reading the rubric out to all of the robot dance people. One of the parts was to make your robot stand out not by costume as in having arms and legs and that move around so today Jasmine and I made our robot look different and have a different design. We thought we would have waving arms that go around and around so we lifted up the bick and moved some things around and put moters next to the brick and put a long strip of Lego on top of it.
We can not figure out what brick the arms were. We new what port they were in D and C. but not the brick. We new that it was going to be in the green section because that is the motion section in the system. We fist tried the normal movement brick but no matter what we changed it still did not work it terns out the it was this one——————————-
I t was the one next to the normal one so we in the end we found it so now we know when we need it. Today we also emailed the art teacher so we could go and paint our background.
Today we are going to the art room to paint our backroad the only problem is that we have no background. We are hoping that we will be able to get a big peace of paper or cardboard. We ended up getting a huge peace of brown paper. We wen ton to the little patio outside of the art room to paint our paper. We chose a blue for the under the sea. We also used rollers so it would take half the time, and it toke like 5 mins. It also toke the whole of lunch to dry when it was dry we stake all of the decorations on it looked so good.
Today we are making the costumes we are using paper we have lots to make skirt and 2 bracelets for each of us and rings and I am making the headbands they look so cool but they are taking a long time to make but I do not think they are going to work so I think we are not going to do it.
Today was a really slow day for us I got lots of programing done today but we were not thinking very well we were putting bubbles on the background and we did not need them there. I did have trouble with the robot it fell of the table so I had to fecks that which took up most of that session.