My Passion Project – Surfboard Drawing With Posca Pens

What have you achieved so far? 

I started off with by sketching the drawings I wanted to do in my drawing book. I drew the head of the dragon that I wanted to draw along with a detailed sketch of the wing and tail. Next I drew my dad’s surfboard in my book and planned out where I wanted everything to go, as well as drawing the dragon body. I then did a life-sized plan by sticking pieces of paper together so I could do a comparison when I drew the actual thing. Next I drew the outline of my dragon on my dad’s surfboard in grey-led. I have started colouring in the outline with posca pen on my dad’s surfboard and am nearly done.

What type of learning have you done to upskill yourself?

I learnt how to clean my dad’s surfboard by using a wax scraper and hot water. Another thing I learnt was how to draw in big blocks of colour instead of drawing over everything. I also learnt how to be patient when drawing each scale as I had to wait for the posca pen paint to dry before I kept on drawing.

What successes or challenges have you experienced so far?

So far I have had to overcome challenges like when I had to draw around the logos in the middle of the surfboard. Another challenge was cleaning the board, but we managed to get past it, and I have successfully finished most of my dragon.

What is the next step for you?   (Insert an image that shows evidence of your process so far.)

My next step will be finishing off the drawing and then putting a special spray over it so it cannot come off. Here is a picture of what I have done (this picture was taken last week so I have done a bit more 😉