hummingbird creature project

My initial goal is to get all of my motors, sensors and LED lights working so that it can make the fan spin and make his hair light up and he will change colour with the temperature.

Here are the parts, purposes and complexities of my design:

 

This is the first iteration of my creature’s system:

 

The parts which were the most challenging were the temperature sensors. they were challenging because we couldn’t get the code right. first it was just flashing all of the colours and then it was

 

I was able to get these working by putting a stop this script block on the end of it so when it wasn’t that temperature it would stop.

 

(we didn’t get time to do a second iteration.)

 

This is a short film of my learning journey throughout this project:

LEGO robotics

in LEGO robotics me and dahlia made a catapult. the things we got stuck on was we couldn’t connect to scratch so we had to use Lego Mindstorms to code it. we both had no idea how to use it and I tried to make it do it five times and go back each time. I accidently made it do it infinitely and it wouldn’t go back when I pulled it back it just kept going I had to take apart the code so it stopped moving. my first time ever using it I just put 2 motor blocks on the thing so it went back and forth I didn’t even have a start block. then somebody told me I needed a start block so I just put one on. we also had problems with how it was working. when we tried it would reset itself lopsided so the ball of paper it was throwing just fell out. I fixed it by making it not go so far back on the way back.

now it is working fine and throwing tyres. on the video of it working it shows it throwing a tyre. on my code I made a few changes so it makes a noise and does it 5 times.

I did 2 different codes and this is my first one

 

this is my finished code.

 

mount feathertop project

Mt feathertop project.

in our project we are aiming to make a sculpture of mount feathertop and to teach people about its history with Makey Makey.

these pictures are of our planning, our code and our trees on the base.

we shaped and papier Mache our mountain.

we painted our mountain white and we will soon cover it with fake snow.

 

 

this is our finished project now we just need to set it up with the makey makey.

in our project we found it difficult getting the shape of the mountain right before we papier mached. we ended out using bubble wrap and scrunched up newspaper to get the shape right. another difficulty was when we had it hooked up to our makey makey we tested it and it was playing all the facts at the same time. we checked our code and we were sure nothing was wrong. the next day we came back and tried again it worked that time and we still haven’t found out what was wrong with it that day.

it is now working great!

 

My favourite microbit activitys

i liked the truth or dare activity because it was the first thing I coded on microbit and it was fun making it chose different answers. by doing this activity I learnt the basics of microbit and the things that were challenging.

i liked the temperature activity because even though it wasn’t very accurate it was still fun finding out what the temperature was. I learnt that the microbit could sense the temperature and I also learnt how to make it do that.

i liked the magic 8 activity because it was fun randomly asking questions and getting random answers. I learnt how to make it randomly pick one of the options.

debuging 2.0

DE BUGGING