this is the plan for my Bee-house:
I have already written my 2nd iteration down in my plan.
my goal is to: make by the end of the term a “disco” Bee-house that will start the motors when the lighting changes and will turn around with flashing lights.
week 2: I am having trouble to get my light sensor to work a have tried many possibilities to try to get it to work like; restarting the program, my computer, disconecting and reconnecting the wires , different coding and many others.
week 3: I have made the base of the beehouse and coded most of the stuff that I need to. I still cant get my light sensor or servo motor working. the gear motor (red) will make the hole beehouse spin. the tri led lights (green) will make the whole beehouse light up. the vibration motor (blue) will make the lonely bee vibrate. the light sensor (black) will hopefully make everything go.
i have had trouble getting my servo motor to work so I have asked lots of people and have tried lots of things but nothing changed anything it was not going to work until i decided one more time to ask Amelia. when i asked her she said that i just needed to change the coding, so she told me what to change and i did. it worked. so to get it to work i just redid the coding so that it i could start fresh then i got a forever brick and put it in then i changed the numbers on the servo motor brick to 1 and then180 so that it turns 180degrees then stops then
on the second one i changed the 2nd servo motor brick to 0 so it goes back to 0 degrees. p.s thank you Amelia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is my servo motor working:
THANK YOU AMELIA FOR HELPING ME WITH THE SERVO MOTOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what i am going to do on Friday week 8:
- i will making my beehouse
- i will update my blog on what happened
- i will take videos of me making my beehouse and coding it.
- i will post it on my blog with an explanation.
Tuesday week 8:
Mrs Watson and I have fixed the gear motor!!!
my coding only had the speed on 10 and it doesn’t work on ten because it is to slow. As you can see in the video we changed the coding so it stops when the speed turns to ten not 0.
it was all working perfectly until I was trying to cut a hole in the box and I accidently cut the tri led light wires and the gear motor wire.
this is what it looks like now.
I got it all working after I cut the wires although I am disappointed with how little I got done. I did not finish making the beehive which is my main worry. I have got the system working really well.
here is my code.
and it working.
this is the start of my bee house:
I changed the way that I made it so that it will not over balance.
I forgot to take the black wheel home for the gear motor so I had a bit of trouble connecting the beehive to the gear motor.
I did in the end though.
I have now made it yellow and it is spinning on the gear motor it WORKS!!
here is a picture of the yellow bee hive.
it is all working well I have finished thank you!