RSS Feed

Passion Project #Reflect

June 17, 2018 by Joshua Whan   

Did you achieve what you originally set out to do?

I think that I accomplished what I wanted to do I went out multiple times to take pictures at places like the Torquay beaches, the waterfront, the Yarra river and even just my backyard. I put the photos onto my computer and turned them into a slide show of the best. I also pick out my favourites printed them, and then laminated them so I could have something physical to show.

What successes or challenges did you experience toward the end of your project?

I found that it was quite hard to get out of bed on Saturday mornings as early as ten to six just so I could catch the sun before it got to high in the sky but it really payed of because I got some amazing pictures from it. Getting the right technique is trickier than it might seem such as getting the right light for your picture the rule of thirds and even finding different types of pictures and to get each kind looking its best.

How did you overcome the challenges? 

I always went around with my dad so if I ever needed help with something, I could go ask him and he would help me make that picture better because he’s a much better photographer than me. I think that some of the things he taught me will help me when I’m taking pictures when I’m older.

How can you extend your learning if you were to continue with this project?  

I think if I go out more often at a regular basis with my dad then I could improve my skills with photography so much more  and I would have great fun doing it and the best things is that I live in a place and around places that look beautiful so that gives me lots of opportunities for great photography.

»